Chapter 14: Wow

Yuri's POV:

Was this really happening? Was I dreaming again? What was going on? My brain just stopped and all I could see was fireworks. My heart felt as if it was going to beat right out of my chest. I was all tingly. It felt like I was on cloud nine. I didn't ever want it to stop. I reached to pull her closer...

What would your mom and dad think you sick freak?

Without thinking about it too much I pulled back. Suddenly filled with shame. Natsuki looked surprised. She was so beautiful. I didn't deserve her.

I shook my head and her expression grew pained as if I had struck her with my knife. All I did was hurt the people I love. Sayori gave me a are you CRAZY!? Look. I had to get away from here. I had to get away. I started backing up. I felt crazy.
"Yuri?" Natsuki whispered softly, brokenly, and I turned and ran. I didn't bother to look at my friends. I already knew how much they hate me. They've always hated me.

No explaination was given to them! No goodbye, nothing! I just ran. Tears spilling down my face and neck. I was pathetic. I was stupid.

I didn't go home. I knew my parents would be there. I stopped off at a kid from school's place but afterwards still I didn't go home. Instead I went to a secluded place and cried. The bottle of wine clutched tight in my hand, from my schoolmate.

I cried for my brother. I cried for Monika. I cried for everything that was out of my control.

After draining the whole bottle I felt even worse. Hazy even. Though I'd rather be numb than in pain. Why was I so stupid? I couldn't even stick around after the most amazing kiss of my life. I couldn't even look the girl of my dreams in the eye and tell her she was amazing. That I'd had a crush on her the moment she even joined the literature club...when we were merely first years.

You're so pathetic, maybe do us all a favor, kill yourself! Disappear you sick freak of nature!

I pulled the knife from my pocket, watching it gleam in the shadows of the alleyway I was hiding in. Did I even dare? Alcohol was a blood thinner. I brought it down to my skin. This could kill me.

That's right do what you do best! Maybe this time you'll bleed out!

Blood pooled from my skin, drizzling down my arm and onto my legs. I lifted the bloody knife bringing it back towards my skin. This was it, one more cut and I'd bleed out and be gone.

"Yuri stop!" Pale hands wrapped around my own and the knife clattered against the ground. I couldn't bear to meet her gaze. How could I face her?

"No, go away... maybe I'll bleed out and die..." I groaned pushing at her to leave. She lifted my face.
"Yuri are you drunk?" She demanded darkly and I shook my head.
"No...just had a lil wine...is all.." I slurred, starting to feel the effects of it full force. Natsuki gave me a increadious and hurt look. I held up the rather large bottle. Then she looked angry.
"Goddamnit Yuri, alcohol...wine...it thins your blood...this could kill you! God you're so stupid!" She growled then realizing that I was still bleeding. Swiftly she pulled off her jacket.

Was I really drunk or was her arms covered in bruises, burns, welts, and cuts? I shook it off. Too drunk to think about it much.
"I know..ss why did it.." I murmured tiredly as I tried to pull my arm from her grasp. Suprisingly enough she was strong and her grip was firm.

"Yuri that's so ...ugh..." She looked completely done with me. I reached out and kissed her on the lips.
"Even better the second time.." I slurred before everything went black and my head rammed against the wall behind me.

To be continued....