chapter ten

This was it. Robert was finally gonna tell him. He could feel his heart pounding against his chest, and the lump in his throat forming. But he had to do this. He couldn't keep it in anymore. So it just...came out.

"Chris, I'm in love with you. And I have been for a long time."

"W-what?" Chris could hardly speak.

"I'm sorry for ruining everything, but I can't help it anymore! Chris Evans, I am in love with you. And it's been driving me insane. I couldn't even stand to look at you anymore, and I'm sorry for acting so cray and always ignoring you I just couldn't take the pain-"

Chris cut him off by slamming his lips onto his. Robert was shocked at first, but finally kissed back. He couldn't believe this was actually happening.

"I'm in love with you, too," Chris said as he pulled away. "That's why I invited you here tonight. To tell you." Tears began streaming down their faces, they were so fun of happiness.

"So, what now? Do we tell everyone? Are we together now? Do we tell them we're together?"

"Slow down there, dorito. One step at a time. We'll figure it out, but let's just enjoy our dinner tonight, okay?" Chris smiled, liking the idea.

They continued to talk about normal things, just like they'd always done, but this time their hands were interlocked at the center of the table. And it never felt so good.