[4] House of Blackmail

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla and Amber were in agreement as Amber fixed Camilla's hair before going down to breakfast. If Nina's gran was going to stay with them for a while, then the two girls were going to have to invest in a lot of concealer. Yes, last year involved a lot of sneaking out at night but they at least got some sleep, with the snoring freight train that was Nina's nan asleep, the girls might get no sleep at all.

Thankfully Camilla's truest love in the world was waiting for her as she sleepily wandered into the kitchen, a mug of tea in her seat with a Fabian next to it reading an update of their Uncle Abe's dig in Dahshur. "You are my favourite person in the world," Camilla muttered as she slipped into her seat next to Fabian taking the tea in both hands and taking a sip.

"That bad a night?" Fabian asked.

"I'm surprised you didn't hear the snoring?" Camilla countered.

"Mick sleeps to music..." Fabian shrugged though he had heard the snoring of Nina's Gran as he snuck past their bedroom the night before.

Nina was the next into the dining room looking extremely confused as she settled next in the seat next to Fabian sending the sleepy Camilla who was using her brother's shoulder as a head lean reading the email on the iPad with him. Nina would never say it to the twins but she was a little jealous of their bond, they always had someone to turn to no matter what. Sometimes she wished she had a sibling, though she was sure the two would be the first two to tell her everything they hated about having a sibling. "Cam?" Nina asked as she wandered through to the kitchen to help Trudy set the table.

"Hmmm?" came the sleepy response from Camilla.

"Why does Alfie's apologies to you involve the Skeleton from the Biology lab?"

"He puts on a voice and..." Camilla seemed to have fully computed the question as she sat up and looked at Nina as she wandered back through with a bowl of croissants, "wait... he didn't try to apologise to Amber with it did he?"

Nina shook her head with a smile, "I managed to talk him out of it."

Camilla let out a breath of relief, good the last thing that would give him a chance was the apology dance Alfie made up.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla was at her locker when Victor came racing through the corridors of the school, nodding as he passed her before heading to Mr Sweets office. Camilla frowned, she hadn't seen Victor this excited... well ever. Camilla quickly closed her locker and snuck into the girl's toilets, she wanted to know what made him so happy.

"Motus..." she whispered the one and only spell she knew off the top of her head and the only spell in her grimoire, feeling a small build of wind around her fingers which she pushed towards the loose tile that let you spy into Sweeties office, after making sure she was alone in the bathroom, grinning as it fell off the wall with a slight clatter. Putting her eye to the peephole she looked, suppressing a laugh as the shock of Victor barging into the office caused Mr Sweet to drop his biscuit into his tea.

"Oh, Victor!" the man actually sounded a little heartbroken as he looked down at the teacup, before raising the half of his biscuit that was still in his hand towards the man as if that would magically help.

"The commission for ancient treasures and artefacts." Victor started causing Camilla to cock her head as she recognised the name from somewhere, "the man in charge is a friend of yours is he not?" Victor asked the man.