[57] House of Reflections

*Unedited*
-------------------------------------------------------

"So the 7 little stars are, 7 random objects," Alfie concluded with a bite of his French toast, they were explaining what they found in the tunnels to Amber and Patricia as they finished up their breakfast the next day.

"Hmm! Yeah" Fabian spoke up chewing fast as he wanted to talk but his mouth was full.

Nina however spoke up for him causing Camilla to laugh quietly at her brother as he furiously chewed on his toast, "but the riddle says they borrow light so we think they must be reflector's in some way."

"Shiny stuff?" Amber spoke up sitting up in her chair happily, "mirrors? you've come to the right girl,"

"Told ya!" Camilla teased lifting her tea to her mouth. getting a good-natured eye roll from Amber at the jab.

"I'm guessing they're not just regular mirror's?" Patricia asked them all, knowing if it was that simple the four around them wouldn't be telling them about the task as between Nina and Camilla, they would have had a mirror on them.

"We tried regular mirrors; they didn't work" Camilla told her with a nod of her head.

"however, Nina now has 7 years bad luck." Alfie added intestinally causing the American girl to shake her head at him bemused.

Fabian finally swallowed his toast, taking a sip of his black coffee before speaking up, "we think each of them has the symbol of Horus on them," this caused blank looks from Amber and Patricia, both twins knowing that if Nina and Alfie hadnt been with them they too would have had blank looks at that sentence, causing him to instantly add, "it's a bird symbol." As a bit more detail for the two girls, "You know, the falcon takes flight." He added quoting the riddle causing the girls to nod their head in understanding.

"So, we hunt the shiny stuff." Amber told them all as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "what does the dollhouse say?" she asked turning to Nina, "in its usual... unclear dollhouse way."

"absolutely bloody nothing," Camilla answered Amber, with a look to say she didn't expect anything less from the dollhouse. She got it was their connection to Sarah but the clues to the Ankh pieces were clearer than the messages the dollhouse gave them.

"Yet!" Fabian added for his sister quickly, trying to remain positive as he looked around the table at the Sibuna's, "what we really need is a clue as to where the reflectors might be." Fabian glanced to Nina who looked as if she just remembered something, "Are you okay?"

"I don't know," she spoke up softly, "I keep thinking I've seen this bird symbol before..."

"Fabian's bedroom?" Camilla offered with a shrug of her shoulders, "he is one of his favourite Gods. He has a wee Horus statue on his bedside table and when he was younger he used to talk to him and –"

Fabian cut his sister off before she could keep talking by putting his arm around her head and clamping his hand over her mouth. "Serious discussion happening Cam, no need to bring that up."

This caused laughter to burst from Alfie and Patricia whilst Amber squealed about Camilla's hair being ruined.

Nina glanced at the twins with an amused smile. Since the curse on Fabian, she had taken a step back and observed them both and she finally understood why Camilla was the one person Fabian couldn't forget. They were mirrors of each other, similar in so many ways but with the odd difference to make them unique to themselves. Fabian didn't even need to look at Camilla as he stopped her from talking, his eyes trained on Nina, and Camilla didn't flinch or move – even though it was clear she could have stopped Fabian's arm if she wanted too. The love they had for one another was unquestionable. Nina even believed if the ancient Egyptian gods the two knew so much about even existed it could be argued the twins were gifted each other, because who else could have such a bond and have it make complete sense.