[64] House of Whispers

*Unedited*
-------------------------------------------------------

Nina and Fabian gave Alfie and Camilla odd looks as they came into the house and rushed up the stairs. Noticing the two were having some kind of mock sword fight in the hallway with feathers, but neither of the two honestly wanted to question them as to why. They had more important things to think about; mainly getting the Cup of Ankh from Vera's room somehow.

As the two raced up to the girl's hallway they saw the woman in question leaving her room. "Eh, going out, eh Vera?" Fabian asked her, knowing it wasn't the most subtle way to broach the subject but he had opened his mouth so let's see where it led. Spontaneity always worked out for Camilla maybe this once it would work for him.

Vera looked at him slightly oddly but answered his question, "I'll be back before dinner time." She told the pair with a kind smile before it dropped and a serious look crossed her face, "don't get into any trouble," with that she moved past them both and out the hallway.

Fabian glanced down at Nina who was looking at him already with a small smile, the same thought clearly flitting through their heads. If Vera was out that meant they could get access to the cup.

"Vera's gone out," Nina spoke quietly.

"Let's get the cup," Fabian told the girl.

The pair snuck up to the attic bedroom. Fabian grimacing slightly as he looked around it properly. The whole place looked so much creepier as a bedroom than it did an attic. "this place still looks like an attic," he told Nina who had rushed over to the secret area of the wall she had hidden the cup in.

The girl putting her locket to the wall and taking the cup out of the secret panel, looking at the cup with a frown, "I don't see a falcon symbol..." she told Fabian as she turned the cup upside down in case it was on the bottom but still nothing.

Fabian let out a frustrated groan as Nina sighed. Their hopes of having two reflectors dashed just like that. "oh great."

"I don't get it," Nina told him in confusion, "the chart said a cup and an Ankh."

"But wait, the ankh is the symbol for medicine," Fabian told her, causing Nina to look back at him blankly as unlike Camilla she didn't have a twin telepathic link nor did she have the same Egyptian knowledge as the twins though she was trying to catch up. "so, is it talking about some kind of medicinal goblet?" Fabian suggested.

Nina let out a sigh as she realised that what the boy was saying was probably true. Before she could say anything to him the downstairs door to the attic could be heard shutting causing both their heads to whip around. They soon wouldn't be alone up there.

"Someones coming." Fabian grabbed Nina's arm and dragged her over to the wardrobe space so they could hide behind the cloth curtains without being caught.

They had both assumed it was Vera coming back in and when Jerome entered the room, looking shifty, the two looked at one another in surprise. What was he up too?

Jerome went to the standing wardrobe first opening it and looking unhappy to see nothing but clothes inside it. He turned on his heel and looked around the room, his eyes landed on the cloth curtains and he started to make his way towards them when suddenly the same sound of the downstairs door was heard and the boy went scurrying under the bed to hide.

This time Vera did come into the room, her phone ringing as she did. "speak." She told whoever was on the other end of the phone as she sat herself down on the bed. "I see, well," she sighed deeply clearly whatever news she had been told wasn't good news. "things have gone from bad to worse. Victor's lost the amulet thanks to that infuriating Rutter girl."