[49] House of Silence

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Nina let out a gasp as she woke back up, Camilla only glancing her way as she spoke, "Fabian... what happened?" she asked.

"oh, we lost at ping pong," Fabian told her with a shake of his head, "Are you alright? You dropped off," he asked with a smile watching Alfie bemused as he and Camilla whispered excitedly to one another.

"I don't know," Nina said in a panicked whisper, "I can't remember..." she gasped and looked around the room, "I was talking to you guys and then... why can't I remember!"

Patricia put a hand on Nina's shoulder and tried to reassure her but no words were coming from her mouth.

"You still can't speak?" Nina asked her getting a head shake as a response. "something really weird is going on." Nina said focusing on Alfie who nodded his head at Camilla before rushing to the other side of the room where the opposite team were stood, the smirk on Camilla's face worrying Nina as she watched Alfie pretend to be an aeroplane.

"It seems like the Frobisher shield is destined to remain at Waincot Academy after all," Mr Sweet spoke up sadly.

Alfie ran into the player wearing the hat, as planned by him and Camilla and grabbed the ping pong ball from him, laughing childishly as the boy tried to get the ball off him.

"It is my duty to present the Frobisher shield," Mr Sweet kept talking ignoring the chaos Alfie was causing.

"What a weird ball," Alfie laughed, "I like it!"

"I said, give." The boy demanded.

Nina watching as Camilla turned her finger in the air three times before pointing to the hat of the boy opposite just as Alfie ran back into him as an aeroplane causing his hat to fly off and ping pong balls, he had hidden under it to go flying. Camilla leaned back in her chair and whispered to Fabian and Nina in the chaos, "No one can prove it but I totally used magic in the Ping-Pong game so we would win." Fabian just rolled his eyes at his sister gloating, but the smile on his face gave away the fact he wasn't mad at her.

Jerome caught one of the balls the boy had been holding looking at it before looking to Camilla and Alfie who high-fived in awe, "these balls have been weighted." He spoke causing whispers from the crowd, "they have been cheating!"

"he's a cheat!" Poppy agreed with her brother getting to her feet and pointing to the opposite team.

"I didn't use them," the boy claimed, "I swear. Why would I need too?"

"You are lying," Camilla spoke up causing everyone to look her way, "I was watching you pushing up your little hat, why do you think I got Alfie to run into you in the first place? For fun? Or to prove you a cheater."

"you must have used one of these," Jerome agreed with Camilla, the boy gulping as he stood under the gaze of the duo glaring at him, "every time you served."

"Calm down you two." Mr Sweet spoke up as Camilla jumped off the stage, knowing the girl would harm the other boy if she really wanted too.

"He is cheating!" they both exclaimed at the same time defiantly. It took a cheater to spot a cheater and the two had found enough loopholes in their time to know they could argue this.

Mr Sweet turned to the headteacher of the opposite school, "Mr Saunders, we must discuss this,"

"Can someone make a decision, like, soon... my feet are killing me," Amber groaned loudly.

The two men turned back around and faced the crowd, "Quiet everyone." Silence fell over the room to hear what decision had been made, "Mr Saunders and I, in the light of this dispute have agreed that both teams will play one more round. With new balls." There were cheers from the Amun students as they realised, they were still in the running.