[77] House of Dreams

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

As Camilla stepped foot onto a red tile, there was an oddly familiar mechanical sound before all of them were flooded by a golden light opposite them causing Amber and Nina to gasp as Fabian pulled his sister back to safety.

"The Mask of Anubis..." Nina whispered in awe.

As the light dimmed, they could all finally see the prize they had all fought so hard for. Across from them in a glass case hanging was the Mask of Anubis.

"it's so pretty," Amber spoke up, "for a dog mask I mean."

"What are we waiting for?" Alfie laughed taking a few steps forward onto the board.

Is movement caused a slight shaking in the tunnel and Camilla grabbed the boy's arm and dragged him back, turning around in time to see a swirling deep purple magical vortex to appear on the ground on the tiled square in front of the mask. From it, another larger Jackal statue ascended up. Clearly, they couldn't just walk to the mask, they needed to play for it.

"The Golden prize will tempt the fool. Wise should heed this golden rule." Came the voice of Robert Frobisher-Smythe. Around them.

"Good old Frobby again..." Camilla mumbled slightly.

"This game of Senet you cannot win. If only the reckless will dare to begin. One wrong move will seal your fate and end too dark to contemplate."

"what does that mean?" Alfie asked immediately turning to the twins and Nina.

Fabian looked around the room with a worried look, "it means we need to be absolutely sure of the rules before we even think about playing."

"Guys, this is our Hogwarts giant chess game." Camilla sighed looking to the game pieces. "we have to play to win the mask."

"You two are thinking of playing?" Patricia asked in shock.

"She's right!" Nina agreed in panic, "it's far too dangerous."

"Plus, I'm pretty sure Ron almost died when they played that chess game Cam," Amber added in a tiny soft voice, "I'm not ready to actually die just yet."

"I do this task on my own."

"No!" Fabian told the American girl.

"like hell!" Camilla spoke at the same time causing the girl to look at the pair.

"What if we need other players," Fabian told her, "I will not let you do this by yourself. We won't!" Fabian gestured to himself and Camilla who crossed her arms and nodded her head in agreement to her brother's words. "come on, we all we all got the mark together," Fabian told the other Sibuna's who were looking a little unsure, "not just Nina. We can do this."

Fabian's oddly motivational speech caused nods from the others. They where Sibuna they could do this and they would do this.

"Sibuna." The three all spoke as one, right hand raised over their eye. Robert Frobisher-Smythe may have been smart but he couldn't win against Sibuna.

The twins looked to one another with a fiery determination they hadn't shared in a long time. They would complete this task. If anyone could outsmart an Egyptian spirit and the top Egyptologist of his day it was them. "Sibuna," the pair spoke as one.