[19] House of Crushes

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla glanced at the scene quickly, the roof was coming down and coming down quickly. "Guys I suggest you run," she told her friends before she took a deep breath "MOTUS!" she screamed her hands shaking as she felt the strain of the roof pushing against the wind she was controlling to try to keep it up for her friends. Camilla could feel the blood as it poured from both nostrils but she didn't care as she watched Nina, Amber and Fabian crouch and run under the roof, all of them hearing the creeks as it fought against Camilla's magic and its want to go down, as well as the grunts as Camilla, fought against it.

"Camilla come on!" Fabian shouted the moment they were all free. Camilla let the spell go and the moment she did she collapsed to her knees as dizziness overcame her, but she knew she couldn't stop. Crawling as fast as she could under the wall, though it wasn't fast enough from the screams Amber let out in fear.

Camilla closed her eyes her energy depleting. It was hard to even think about moving let along actually do it.

The three on the other side of the space all looked at one another in fear, she was deathly pale causing the blood coming from her nose to look eerily crimson.

"CAMILLA!" Amber sounded petrified as she saw the girl's movements slow down. She was going to be crushed. She had used up her energy trying to keep the roof from crushing them just to be crushed herself.

Before Camilla could do more than lift her head, she felt two hands wrap around her wrist and with a grunt Fabian pulled his sister out from under the wall just mere seconds before it would have crushed her.

The twins collapsed to the ground in a heap. Camilla's knees giving way as All her energy was sapped from her. Fabian clinging to his sister as if making sure she was really alive.

"You are so stupid." He spoke into her hair, his voice thick, his eyes watery.

"I had to... make sure you guys got through," Camilla mumbled her eyes shut, feeling someone wipe away the blood from her face, "plus I knew... you're my big brother, you'd save me..." she told him looking up at him weakly causing a watery chuckle to leave his mouth but he refused to let go of his sister.

"Being brother and sister means being there for each other, even when one of you is being an idiot," Fabian mumbled to her causing a small weak chuckle to bubble from her lips.

"Look..." Nina panted as the roof rose again, pointing to the symbols on the floor they had all thought where decoration earlier. The ones Camilla had named the gods for. "there is some sort of pattern."

"cross the grid with step or hop. Follow the sequence; do not stop. All must complete the hopscotch test before the ceilings stay's at rest." A recording of Robert's voice was heard.

"Well, least Robert was nice enough to give us a verbal clue this time," Camilla mumbled from Fabian's arms.

The boy looked up from where he and his sister where sat leaning against the wall, looking at the other two girls, "I can't hopscotch to save my life..."

"Well Fabian... you just might have too," Nina sympathetically told him, watching how Camilla's grip tightened on her brother at her words.

Camilla couldn't lose her brother, just like how Fabian couldn't lose his sister. The twins to one another, so much being said silently between them that Nina couldn't interpret.

"I was the school hopscotch champion two years running," Amber told them all confidently, flicking her hair behind her shoulder as she turned to the tunnel. With almost sheer perfect precision Amber started hopscotching, though within seconds of her feet touching the tiles the creaking sound was heard and the roof started to slowly start it decent down.