[35] House of Fronts

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"Mr Lewis!" Sweetie yelled, at Alfie who was leaning against the headteacher's door trying to open the door "get the door open so we can get the goose inside!"

Camilla's focus was on the goose, but she saw Alfie pop his head into the door before turning and shaking his head at Camilla. Jerome hadn't found the gem yet.

"Motus" Camilla murmured pushing the goose down the corridor further causing it to squawk loudly as it ran away from Mr Sweet's office and towards the student lounge.

"Miss Rutter watch out!" Mr Sweet shouted as the goose raced past Camilla, the headteacher grabbing her arm and pulling her to one side as the bird went to bite at her ankles. Mr Sweet charged after the goose as Alfie skidded up to Camilla in the hallway.

"We can't keep this up for much longer," Camilla said to Alfie quietly.

"Yeah, Jerome needs to hurry the hell up." Alfie nodded before the two took a deep breath and went back to helping Mr Sweet round up the goose.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

The school was in utter chaos as they watched Alfie, Camilla and Mr Sweet run up and down the hallways chasing after a goose. Mr Sweet started to race towards his classroom shouting at the two teens about getting the goose into his office so it was enclosed in a safe space away from the students.

"This would be a lot easier if everyone would KEEP CALM!" The headteacher bellowed at students who were screaming as the goose ran up and down the corridors. "To the Office Alfie, Camilla!" he then instructed the two Anubis students who seemed to be helping him the most.

Mr Sweet opened his office and Alfie and Camilla ushered the goose in, Jerome popping out from behind the door and making it look as if he had been helping them the whole time with a concerned look on his face as Mr Sweet looked round. "Were you behind me the whole time Jerome?" Mr Sweet asked the boy.

Camilla, however, could see this prized Gem Jerome must have been after and couldn't help but add her own little revenge for the boy not telling her but tell Mara about his dad's task to find it, "Est Celare Per Omnia Saecula," she mumbled causing the Gem to shine brightly and the goose to look it's way.

Mr Sweet ushered the three students out of his office and locked the door behind him as he turned to look at the rest of the student body who were looking around in confusion. "Right, everyone!" He said as Alfie picked up the cage which they had placed by the lockers, "fun and games are over, nothing else to be seen here,"

"I am so sorry, Mr Sweet" Alfie told the headteacher with genuine sorrow, as the laughing student body dispersed to go back to classes.

"Mr Lewis," Mr Sweet looked at the boy panting a little out of breath, as he took in the cage that the boy was holding, "Can I presume from that cage, in your hands, this goose is yours?"

Camilla glanced at Jerome who had gotten to his hands and knees to look under the door crack to look for his Gem, causing Camilla to smirk as she knew fine well that he had a little while longer to wait for it.

"I don't know, all geese look the same to me," Alfie said causing Camilla to bit her bottom lip to stop herself from laughing as Jerome stood back up again. Mr Sweet gave Alfie a look causing the boy to nod his head, "I mean, yep, I'm looking after it for a... friend."

"So we will just go get-" Jerome spoke up walking towards the door, but Mr Sweet stood in his way.

"I am sorry, but nobody is going into that office while there is a wild goose on the loose!" Mr Sweet told them in a no-nonsense tone, "the three of you just go to your lessons and we will let the goose calm down, and then we will put the goose back in its cage." He explained to them as if it was that simple.