32. Fight

Zaan's pov:

I don't know what to feel, what to say or what to do. I am not fond of children. Maan bhai loves kids and always wanted one but I never thought much about it. Today when doctor said that Maahi is pregnant I felt immense happiness but our baby is threat to my Maahi's life. I can never let that thing to happen. Maahi is my life. I can't imagine my life without her. If the baby stays more time with us then we will get attached to it and it will be difficult to abort it later. I can't risk Maahi's life for our baby. She is my priority. Doctor is right we are young we can have children later but if something happens to Maahi then I can't get another one.

I looked at Maahi and said,"Let's go with Abortion."

She looked shocked and said,"Zaan what are you saying? We are not killing our child"

I said,"Don't put it like that. We are killing it Maahi. It's does not have life it so please let's not delay more."

My heart knows how much it's hurting me to say all this but I have to be strong otherwise Maahi will never agree. I can't lose her.

She said,"We are not aborting the baby Zaan. That's it."

I was about to reply when Maahi said to doctor,"We are not going ahead woth abortion, Doctor. I am going ahead with this pregnancy."

I don't want to create here so I didn't say anything further but when I was checking formalities. Doctor told me that if we want to do abortion then it should be done within month. If Maahi crosses three months then it will create complications and when can result in infertility. Maahi might not get pregnant ever. I can't let that happen. I have to convince by hook or crook as soon as possible.

In a way I am thankful that Maan bhai is on business trip. If he took side of Maahi then It would have been very difficult for me. I don't mnow what is happening in our lives. Maan bhai always keep travelling and keep himself busy. He doesn't like stay at home. I have not seen him smile since Jiya left. I can't live like that. If something happens to Maahi then I will have nothing to be happy for just like Maan bhai. Jiya is his life just as Maahi is my life.

I tired to convince it been over a week but Maahi is very stubborn she is not ready to abort no matter what. As time is passing I am getting more worried. I have to be harsh now. She is not understanding when I am being nice.

I went home as usual she is busy with her assignments.

I said,"Maahi we are going to doctor now and you will abort the baby."

She said,"Zaan How many times should I tell you I am not doing it. Stop talking about abortion all the time baby can hear you. Baby will get hurt. Baby might think that papa doesn't love him/her."

I am tired of this conversation again and again.

I shouted,"Enough Maahi. You have to choose now. You want me or this baby."

Maahi left everything she is doing and looked at me shocked.

She said,"Zaan what are you saying? Have you lost your mind?"

I said,"May be I have. But you have to choose."

She stood up from her place and said,"I don't want choose anything. Let's talk when you are in your senses."

She was about to go out but I got hold of her hand and said,"You are not leaving this room before you answer me."

She said,"Zaan please Understand How can I choose between you and our baby?"

I said,"I can't see anything happen to you Maahi. This baby is slowly killing you from inside. "

She said,"Nothing will happen to me. My baby is doing no such thing. Zaan trust me everything will be fine. Thus baby is part of both of us. This baby is our responsibility. How can yoh let it die just for a possibility?"