37.Heart to Heart

Maahi's pov:

I don't want to make him wear ring. How to get out of this trouble? I felt like I am loosing battle. I have no choice. He was about to make me wear the ring when we heard the gun shot.

I was startled to see Zaan standing at door Pointing gun at Faraz. He don't look good. He has bruises on his face. His knees are bleeding. His forehead is bleeding. He has cut on his lip.

He said,"Maahi come here right now."

He doesn't have to say it twice. I quickly ran towards him and hugged him. Tears are flowing from my eyes. I thought I will lose him. I can't live without him.

When Faraz tried to come towards us Zaan said,"I am telling you no one is moving from their place. I will shoot you."

We quickly walked towards the entrance.

Zaan said,"Maahi take keys from my pocket and get the car."

I quickly did as he said.

He said,"Open the door."

He sat in the car. He was still pointing gun at my family.

He said,"Start the car. Drive as fast as you can now."

I started driving after sometime the car was out of gas. Shut.

We are on road and there are no vehicles as it's late night.

Just then we saw my dad's car coming from afar.

I said,"Zaan they are coming after us. Let's go."

Zaan said,"If they are not your family then I would have involved police. They will be in Jail in seconds. I am respecting our relation but they are taking it too far."

He dragged me with him. We ran for a while and then we hid behind the trees.

Zaan said,"What to do now? Maan bhai is not in town. We can't take police help. We have to reach home We will be safe there. I can't even call my security. I don't have my phone with me."

I said,"We have to wait till sunrise then we can take cab."

He said," but where will we stay till then?"

I said,"May be We can find hotel nearby."

We walked few meters we found one five star hotel but the problem is that we don't have money right now.

It was so embaressing to walk inside the hotel in our current state. Mine was okay but Zaan is in very bad state.

He called someone from reception. They sorted the matter of money for him. He called his security to come to hotel in the morning. For now he wanted to rest. He looked like he was in pain.

He booked a room and we went inside it. There was silence between us. No one spoke anything. We heard a knock and one guy came with new clothes and first aid. I guess Zaan Arranged for it.

Zaan went to washroom. He came after taking bath. He was applying ointment on his wounds looking in the mirror. He had difficulty applying it on his back so I asked to help him. He refused to take my help and keep on trying. I got frustrated and snatched ointment from him and I applied on his back. This time he didn't say anything.

After that he lied on bed and went to sleep. What is wrong with him? I also got changed my clothes and lied on bed. There is kind of peace and happiness I am feeling after being with Zaan again. It's been more than a month since we were together but I have so many questions to ask him.

When I woke up in the morning he was not on bed. I looked at time it's still 5 AM. Where is he? I looked around and found him standing in balcony. Why is he not asleep?