41. Decision

Zaan's pov:

She said,"It is related to Project only. I want you in return of my investment."

I can't believe she just said that.

I said,"Laila this is not the time to Joke. I am very busy right now. We will talk later."

She said,"I am not joking Zaan. I want you. I will be waiting for you at the same hotel room you stayed on that day when Maahi got into accident. We have to finish which was incomplete last time."

I just want to shout on her for being so shameless, characterless, disgusting woman but I need the investment.

I said,"Laila..I-I.don't want to do it. It doesn't suit for a beauty like you to force someone to be with you. You are married. Try to work on your relation. You will find your happiness just like me. Forced relationships never works. I hope you are understanding what you are getting into. Think again we will talk tomorrow. "

She said,"Do you think I am a kid? You can manipulate me so easily. I know what I want Zaan. I have been wishing for it from long time. I want you. I will wait for you. Now you have to decide if you want to come or not but don't forget our investment depend on your decision."

What should I do? I will never betray Maahi no matter what even if we come on road but my brother's hard work. he worked so hard to be in this position. How he use to handle such situation. I am sure he definately would have faced similar situation because so many business men wanted Maan bhai to marry their daughters. How he dodged them? I have to do something.

Later I got busy with my work and didn't notice it was Lunch time. I was startled to see Maahi with Lunch box.

She smiled at me," My exams are completed. I have holidays. I thought why not make lunch with my hands and have it with my husband. Are you hungry?"

I don't know why but I felt so overwhelmed seeing her today. I quickly walked towards her and took her my arms.

She said,"What happened, Zaan? Is something wrong?"

I said,"I am tired Maahi. I can't handle it amymore. I want to give up."

She cupped my face and kissed on my forehead.

She said,"Never give up Zaan. Even if we fail then no problem but giving up is never the solution. It same as losing. My Zaan is not a loser. If we fail then we should try again but never give up. Who works hard Allah always helps them. Trust him and do what you can do leave rest to him. I will take care of it."

I felt better listening to her. It's like she came here to relieve me from stress and show me the right path. I am not succumbing to Laila's desires. No, whatever may be case wrong is wrong. You commit sin blaming situation. It still be a sin. I have made my decision.

I looked at Maahi and said,"Thank you. What will I do without you?"

She smiled and said,"I am hungry. Let's have food. I made all your favourite dishes."

We had Lunch together after that she decided to go.

I said,"Maahi, stay with me. Don't go."

She said,"I will just disturb you. Finish your work as soon as possible and come home early. I will be waiting for you. No force only if you completed your work. I understand you are very busy due to Maan bhai's absence. I am very good wife so I will not complain. You are lucky to have me you should know that."

She laughed at her own words then she gave tight hug

She said,"I love you." and then she left without waiting for my reply.

That you are Maahi.you are not only good wife but good person as well. I know I am lucky to have you. I am very thankful to Allah for giving you as my wife.

I tried to wrap up my work as soon as possible but it still was 10:00 at night. I skipped going to hospital and directly went home.

I saw Maahi watching television sitting in living room.

She looked at me and said,"Finally you are here. Had your dinner?"

I shook my head in no.

She said,"get fresh up. I will serve dinner."

We were having dinner when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID it was from Laila. I cut the call. She called again I cut it again. She was calling I turned my phone to silent.

Maahi said,"It might be important if they are calling you again and again."

I said,"Nothing like that. It's not important don't bother about it."

She nodded and left the topic there. I can't be more thankful to her.

Once we reached our room I saw that there are 35 missed calls from her and 29 messages but I ignored them.

Maahi said,"You look tensed. What happened?"

I said,"Nothing just work stress."

She said,"Zaan, Do you love me?"

I don't know. I am not capable of falling on love after what Laila did to me.

I said,"Maahi, you know I don't believe in love."

She sighed and said,"yeah okay."

I said,"Maahi, from start I have been honest with you. I can give you anything except love. How can I love you when I don't believe in it at all?"

She said,"I got it. Just asked no issues."

She is lying in my arms. After that she didn't say anything nor do I. There was long silence between us.

After sometime she said,"Zaan.."

I said,"hmm"

She said,"Your phone, it keeps ringing. Who is it?"

I said,"Laila"

She said,"What? Why is she calling you?"

I told her everything that happened today.

She said,"How cheap can a women be?"

I can see tears in her eyes.

I said," Why are you crying now? See I am here with you. I have not gone to her. I will betray you Maahi. You have to trust me."

She said,"Why is she doing this? You will never go to her, right? I trust you. You will not do that."

I said,"Yes, I will never do that."

She said,"Zaan, I want you. "

I said,"Me too but not now."

She said,"You don't want me."

How to explain her? I understand she is feeling insecure but this is not the solution.

I said,"Maahi, it's late night. We should sleep."

She moved away from me and said,"You know what Zaan? You are right. It's late night. We should sleep. I am kind of fed up now. I kept my shame aside and was begging you make love to me but not anymore. Even if you change mind later I will never allow you to touch me. Your wish is granted. There will be no intimacy between us from now on. Good night."

She slept at the corner of the other side not giving me a second glance. I looked at my phone which is still ringing. Why don't she give up? I don't know what will happen tomorrow.

Hope you are enjoying :)