Hopeless

Welcome back everyone! This story is close to half way done, can you believe it? I'm trying to get to the point that I only have ten chapters left to write when school starts (which is only a week longer)
*
So pray for me in school, lol I will very much need it.
*
Issac awoke with a start, the space where Melanie should have filled, empty. Her warmth was still fresh in his arms, meaning that she couldn't have left more than five minutes ago.

He sat up, worried and panicking out of his mind. He knew what Melanie had done, he knew that she was on her way to sacrifice herself.

That killed him.

He ran shouting for help towards his house, where everyone was still working on a plan to defeat the wraith.

Issac barged through the door, sending everyone to their feet in shock. They didn't have to ask what was wrong, they already knew when his partner in crime wasn't by his side.

"She left!" He yelled, watching as Payton was the first to step forward.

"Where was she last?" She asked with urgency, her eyes matching her body which was tense. Everyone was tense, nobody wanted Melanie to die.

Issac began to answer, but stopped when he remembered what they were doing where they were. He panicked even more, realizing that he didn't tell her how amazing it was.

"Issac, focus!" Payton snapped, grabbing his shoulders. She brought him back to reality, reminding him of the problem that was at stake.

"She was with me," He answered, "At the pond."

Payton knew what pond he was talking about, it was the one that her and Melanie used to play in when they were little. It was right before Melanie's mom passed away.

Then Payton remembered something very crucial to finding where Melanie was.

"I know where she is," She said. Everyone turned to look at her with hopeful eyes, and Issac turned to her with urgency. "She's where he mother was buried, beneath a willow."

Suddenly Knoll came running into the room, and only then was it that Issac noticed he was missing in the beginning.

"I know how to stop it!" He yelled to everyone, "I know how to kill the wraith!"

But the time was ticking for Melanie, for she was already at the willow, and she was already face to face with the wraith.

"So you chose," It taunted, "You chose yourself over your friends. What a brave girl."

The wraith spoke with cruelty, jabbing it's glass-like nails into Melanie's neck. She gasped loudly, clawing at its hands to get them off.

The wraith retracted it's hands, chuckling. It's faceless head stared at her, wanting to terrify her. But it couldn't, nothing the wraith could do would scare her now. Melanie had already accepted her death.

"Just get on with it, there's no point in dragging it on." Melanie growled, not wanting to entertain the monster anymore.

"But where's the fun in that? I want to feel your pain, to feed off of your pain."

The wraith slammed it's hand into Melanie's abdomen, ripping through her flesh and twisting.

This time, Melanie couldn't hold back her scream. She couldn't hold back the tears and the fear that ran through her face. And the wraith, well it continued to go deeper, absorbing each drop of pain that Melanie felt.

It fed off of her pain, like it had promised, growing stronger and stronger.

Melanie stood there, hunched over and begging the beast to stop. She could feel her werewolf powers kicking into overdrive, fighting to keep her alive. This made it worse though, all her body did was make her death longer. It kept her healing, and it kept the wraith laughing.