Chimera

These next few chapters are going to be heartbreaking, so just prepare yourselves. It's breaking my heart to write them but it'll be fine :(
*
Anyways I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!
*
The group had returned to the same living room in Issac's house, which had seemed to become the team meeting room. There, chaos had erupted. The shock of Melanie's discovery frightening each of them by the second.

"How do you know?" Zeus asked, hoping that Melanie was just crazy.

"I felt it, the way that he stared at me wasn't natural. I know that it's him." Melanie spoke with confidence, and Knoll knew that she was right.

"Well if he's really the Chimera, then we have another issue. He can shift," Knoll said. He looked at Melanie, and then at Issac who was holding her. "Melanie you said that he acted as if Payton wasn't there, right? You said that he was only focusing on you?"

Melanie nodded, puzzling Knoll even more.

"He knows something," Knoll spoke.

"But what would he know?" Issac questioned, "What would he want with Melanie?"

That's when Knoll shrugged, but Payton spoke. While everyone had been bickering, she had been thinking to herself.

"If Jack is the Chimera, that means he was at the game. And if he was at the game, he's the one that killed all of those people. But he's also the one that didn't kill Melanie, and he had every chance to do so."

"So what are you trying to say?" Knoll questioned Payton, who was still deep in her thoughts.

"I don't know, I think it could have something to do with the nymph part of her? Maybe he knows." Payton explained, but she was still confused as well.

Melanie shook her head with uncertainty, turning around to stare at Issac.

"I don't think that's it," She paused, "What would he want with the nymph part?"

Issac shrugged this time, pulling Melanie closer onto his chest. He worried for her, the girl that had been involved with some mythical being one to many times. He only wanted her to feel safe, and he only wanted her to come out of this alive.

"Maybe he doesn't want you because of your abilities," Issac mumbled. His jealousy was implied, but his jealousy made something click in Payton's brain.

"Issac, I think you might be right," Payton said. She attracted the gazes of everyone in the room, and everyone was confused except for Knoll who understood. He nodded in agreements with Payton.

"I hate to say it, but I think our Chimera might have a crush." Knoll stated, shooting a look at his cousin who shifted uncomfortably. Issac mumbled a few curse words below his breath, watching as Melanie looked at him.

"Why on earth would he be interested in me?" Melanie asked incredulously, "I mean there's so many girls in the school who are so much better looking than I am."

But nobody else could say anything, due to the fact that a stranger had interrupted them.

"But none of those girls caught my eye the way that you did."

Everyone snapped their heads towards the door to see who it was, and to everyone's shock it was Jack.

Melanie felt her heart jump, and then speed up in fear. She felt panic coming on, but she pressed it down into her stomach. This did nothing but make her feel nauseous.

She made sure it was hidden though.

Jack stepped into the house, confidently, as if this was his home. He smiled at the group of horrified people, sitting down in one of the empty seats.