Oceans

I'm back with yet another chapter, scary to think that there's only a little over ten chapters left of this. This story feels like it's been going by super fast.
*
Anyways, enjoy.
*
"Melanie."

Melanie awoke to the sound of her voice being called, and the gentle feeling of Issac's hand. She looked around, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, before she saw that they'd arrived at their resort.

It was well past midnight by the time that they'd arrived, and despite Melanie sleeping over half the plane ride and the entire bus ride, she was still extremely exhausted.

Luckily, with the help of Issac's strong arms, Melanie didn't have to worry about walking to their room. She didn't have to worry about the luggage or the elevator. She just had to think about how comfortable Issac's arms were.

And in the blink of an eye, Melanie was staring at the top of a vaulted ceiling. The room that she was in shared no memory of last night, and the light that flooded the room conveyed that Melanie had very well fallen asleep.

She allowed her groggy eyes to explore the room, noting how extravagant and expensive this room was.

Issac had most likely paid for the best room he could find. Speaking of Issac, Melanie turned her head to the side to see him standing outside. He was facing the ocean, shirtless, and drinking a cup of coffee. Melanie stared for a few seconds, admiring everything about him. She admired his muscles, which flexed everytime he lifted his arm for a drink. And she watched the way his hair blew in the nice breeze, despite the fact that it had gotten long, his hair was still sexy.

She climbed out of bed, a lot louder than she'd planned, and walked over to him. He turned before she reached him, pulling her into a hug. Issac did his normal rountine of kissing Melanie's forehead, and pulling back to look at her.

He ignored her protests and crimson cheeks as he called her beautiful, before placing his lips to hers. It was only a quick kiss though, since Melanie seemed to have a bad case of morning breath.

"Did you have roadkill for dinner?" Issac joked, following Melanie to the bathroom who shot him a playful glare.

"I wouldn't say roadkill..." She grinned, pink cheeked and naughty. She knew that Issac had caught her joke.

"Don't tell me that's the first dirty joke you've made," He said. He wrapped his arms around her from behind, as she scrubbed away her morning breath. "Fuck, I love you."

Issac's voice was heavy, heavy with his heart. It conveyed the love that he so deeply expressed towards Melanie.

Melanie connected with his eyes in the mirror, which for the first time were gold. She stared at them, speaking, but not turning away.

"Why are they like that?"

Melanie placed her toothbrush down on the sink slowly, noticing how her eyes were now gold as well. She wasn't used to her eyes being anything but bright blue or brown, and now both of their eyes were gold.

Issac had no explanation for what was happening, but instead of fussing over it, he just accepted it. He placed his hands on her bare waist, his gaze not breaking hers.

Every sense came alive in Melanie, with Issac's rough fingertips skating across her delicate skin, it was like a fire dancing about.

His fingers played with the hem of her cotton shorts, before resting on the waist band.

"What are you wanting to do today?" Issac mumbled, kissing the skin covering her neck. He so badly wished he could kiss other areas that were lower, but he'd keep that kind of talk away for now.