C5: Angel and Fairies

A player can have as much as three classes, depending on the class's attainment rank. Some classes eat two slots, though most of the time, only one slot is needed.

Aside from classes, the player can also select his/her own race. The common choices are human, elves, beastman, hobbit, dark elves, and Undead. Also, within the game, there are hidden races to which a player could switch to.

In the middle of a dark forest, sounds of rushing footsteps could be heard. Heavy, intermittent breathing. Branches cracking, bushes shuffling.

A girl, wearing a tattered blackish brown robe, was running for her life. She didn't as much as spare a glance behind her, where her supposed pursuer is.

"Aaaah!!!" She screamed as she finally tripped down a tree root. She fell, face down, scratching her elbow and knees on the rough forest ground. The pain was unbearable for a small girl her age. The impack threw her hood off, revealing fierce red hair bundled into a braid.

Soon after, low growling sound could be heard from behind her. Reflexively turning her head, she saw a monster, a dog with three heads, and as large as a bull.

The fear paralyzed her. The death, looming in the air, got her. She will die here, she was convinced so.

Suddenly, the three-headed dog pounced at her. She couldn't even close her eyes anymore. She stared at the aggressor with wide eyed shock.

It was lucky she didn't close her eyes. For if she did, she wouldn't be able to see the following scene.

A shadow of a large bird fell over the dog, mincing it in a flash. It happened too fast that all she saw was a flash.

"Are you alright?" The bird asked. Looking closely, it wasn't actually a bird but rather a goddess with a pair of unblemished white wings spread wide on her back.

She had short blonde hair, shining like crystal. Eyes of gold, brimming with wisdom and compassion. Lastly, an aura that makes anyone want to kneel in respect.

"... An angel..." she muttered unconsciously.

"Technically, you are correct. But my race is actually Fallen Angel to be exact." The woman answered. "Are you heading home? Please allow me to escort you since this forest is dangerous as of now." She added.

"Y-yes!! T-thank you for saving me! Ah! My name's Hannah! I'm in your care!!!" The girl, Hannah, declared so.

"Alright, Hannah. My name is Mako. Though I wish to send you to safety right away, please wait a moment."

After saying so, Mako closed her eyes with her back against Hannah. Soon after, small golden orbs of light were surrounding her.

Based on Hannah's knowledge, the gold orbs are what they call fairies. They are the race that lives to protect the nature. Looking at the scene of Mako surrounded by hundreds of glowing lights, Hannah got her breath taken.

"Done." Mako declared before returning to Hannah. "Let's go." She urged.

Mako then guided Hannah to her village. It wasn't a simple guide request but rather, an important part in information gathering for their guild.

~~~
Mako's race is an Angel! A Fallen Angel!!!

Well, this time, the chapter came with a short time skip. But don't worry, the skipped part will be touched upon by future chapters~!

Again, pleeeeeaaaaase vote or share. Spread the love~!

~Seraph Wedd~