C9: Boss Fight?! Part 1

"Haaah!"
"Seyaaaah!"

Various voices interlaced as they shout and groaned. A monster swung its long arms, only to have it torn from the shoulders. Another monster attacked from underground only to get smashed into a pulp right after it popped up.

"There's no end to them!!" Carie said while parrying a rusty sword swung down by a death knight. The death knight lost balance for an instant upon which Carie used to decapitate it. A clear sound like a bell resounded, signifying a critical hit.

The 80 level 400+ players further split into two groups. One in the level 490 up players numbering only 12, and the rest.

Mako's a part of the 12 that acted as the main tank. Within that group, there are only four players that have max level like her. However, despite their visible level advantage, fatigue started to catch up to most of them.

"I'm almost out of gas! Switch!" Ren-ren shouted before jumping to the back, upon which Mako took his previous spot. His shoulders heaved up and down violently, signifying how tired he is.

"Rather, we are already searching for half an hour! Where's that goddamn boss!" A man wearing pure black armor, and a pure black curved sword, shouted hatefully. He is another of the max level member of Phantom Delivery, a magic swordsman named Sephiroth.

"Less talking, more fighting!" A female wearing a pure white full body armor shouted back while parrying a monster's claw. "Ren-ren, switch!" She added. Right after, she jumped backwards by using the monster as a platform and performed a backflip. A superhuman move considering that she's wearing a full set of armor.

"Wai~! Gris~! I'm not fully rested yet!" Ren-ren complained before finishing off the monster the female knight, Grisalda, jumped off from.

Mako, Ren-ren, Sephiroth and Grisalda. The top 4 of the guild in terms of level. They are constantly exchanging positions to rest, even for just a moment.

"..." Mako suddenly stopped moving and lowered her head. Seeing this, the three beside her, and the eight behind them suddenly panicked.

"Damn! Mako snapped!" Shouted Sephiroth.

"Aaaahhhh~! I wanna run away~!" Said Ren-ren while slightly tearing up.

"T-this is bad!" Shouted Carie from behind.

"Everyone, behind Mako! Otherwise, you'll get caught in it!" Said Grisalda in an experienced manner.

Other than the three, all others gathered behind Mako. The boise of the battle drowned out her voice but Mako was mumbling something. Noticing the change, the three retreated after sending a last wave of strong attacks creating a small clearing.

"[EX Skill: Angel's Descent]"

Mysteriously, Mako's voice was heard despite all the clamor ongoing. In accordance to the skill, several orbs of light fell from the sky like meteors. The moment the orb of light got in contact with a monster, the monster vanished without a trace. All the orbs swept around the battlefield and in just a couple of seconds, the monsters around vanished completely.

Mako fell to one knee, but was soon after supported by Carie. The drawback of large spells like that is that it consumes enormous amount of MP, causing Mako to turn lightheaded.

"... But now we can see it." Mako said while staring off to the distance.

In front of them is a black sphere like a black hole. From there, monsters were coming out one at a time.

"Let's finish this, once and for all."

A roar, incomparable to previous monsters' was heard. An intense battle was awaiting.

~~~
Mako really has a short fuse for these things...

The next chapter will feature the boss~! Gotta cath em all~!

Please vote, share or comment if you like this work~!

~Seraph Wedd~