C10: Boss Fight?! Part 2

Within just a few seconds, Dozens of monsters were already surrounding the black sphere.

The rate the monsters spawn was much faster than the rate they were killed, causing the enemy's number to increase over time.

"At this rate, we would get overwhelmed!" Grisalda shouted as she decapitated another monster. Though by the time she slayed one, three more came out of the hole.

Mako was also troubled. They were saving their strength for the Boss fight, but at this rate, they will lose before even reaching the boss. What's more, the monsters' level seemed to be over 500 already. Any more delay and the worst case scenario, the monsters would reach a point where they can't be slain.

Thanks to their numbers, the defense of the village seems to be going well. There's no need to worry about that point. Mako shook her head lightly before gulping a Blue Potion to recover her MP.

"From this point on is a race against time." Mako said. "I'll engage the boss alone, everyone else, make sure that no other monster interferes with my battle."

Everybody nodded deeply to acknowledge her decision. All of them are experienced players, so they already noticed that Mako's suggestion is the best course of action.

Mako waved her sword, activating skill macros for all her buffs. Everyone around her received the same set of buffs. The other three activated their buffs too, resulting in an array of light covering the whole team.

Right after the light faded, Mako broke into a dash straight towards the black sphere. No monster was able to react to her godlike speed. The moment her sword touched the sphere, cracks ran around it, followed by a loud crashing noise.

The fragments of the black sphere scattered in the air, stopped mid-air, then started gathering into a single lump. The lump turned from a spiky accumulated fragment, and turned into a slimy lump of darkness. All these happened in just a split second.

"Gooooooaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!" The lump roared, its mouth opening from the middle of its body. It reminded Mako of a certain Pok*mon named M*k, though she immediately discarded her random thoughts. The giant lump, let's call it Black Slime, suddenly jumped upwards and expanded its body.

Mako, noticing the attack, quicly jumped to the side, evading it. The monsters that got dragged into the attack, vanished into the Slime's body.

"This is bad..." Mako muttered. She noticed how the Black slime increased in size after it "ate" the other monsters.

Thinking quickly, Mako shot several [Light Arrows] to draw the Slime's attention and kited it away from other monsters. The Slime quickly followed her, jumping several dozen meters each time.

Mako stopped about 200 meters from where the others are. Posing her blade in front of her, she started chanting her next spell. Any monster has a weak point, and looking at the abomination in front of her, she immediately noticed it's weakness.

"[EX Skill: Solar Ray]" Mako chanted as a beam of light fell from the sky. The Slime writhe in agony. The damage it received was significant. Some black matter got strewn away, reducing the slime's size greatly.

"What-!!!" Mako shouted as she dodged a strike from the slime. It hardened its body like steel and shot off a part of it. Mako noticed a slight stinging pain on her shoulder, probably grazed by the slime's attack.

An extremely quick and strong attack like a bullet. Can Mako really survive and win the fight?

~~~
Is this a predicament for our heroine?! Well, guess not...

Mako is too OP even in my opinion. Oh, by the way, the Mako's winged mode is only used when travelling and it doesn't give any bonus to stats or skills. It gets cancelled when she enters a battle.

Again, please vote, share or comment~! You're just one press away~!

~Seraph Wedd~