Lesson Five: Change Can't Always Be Done Overnight [PART 2]

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Pray before you read this chapter. I can't stress how important Salaah is. Go meet Allah if you haven't done so yet. Nothing is more important that prayer so don't delay. 

This is the second part. I hope you guy enjoy it :) I tried updating it yesterday night but I wasn't able to finish it. 

Umar

I should go check up on Ayyub. It felt like I've been living here for years but we were actually came a couple days ago. I knocked on Ayyub's door (not like that was going to achieve anything) and went in. When he saw me come in, he bit his lip. It was still bleeding a little. I sat down on the ground next to him. 

"Tell me what happened this time." 

Amarah

"What's wrong?" I asked, alarmed by her transition. 

"Well, you see, you're our neighbour and you saved Ayyub. I know for a face, you'll probably start wanting to know about Ayyub's situation soon enough." I don't know... do I have to? "Ayyub's been getting bullied a lot for the last few years because he can't talk. He wasn't born like that. Something happened, and he just never talked after that." 

"What happened though?" I asked. Amarah, stop being nosy! "I'm sorry. If you don't want to say, I won't ask you any further."

"No, it's fine." She said. "You're our neighbour, even if we only met today. Umar is around most of the time so he never lets anyone know about this. The reason... Ayyub doesn't talk anymore is due to the fact that... he witnessed something really horrible when he was twelve years old. Umar and I weren't home that day.... Ayyub witnessed his father being murdered right in front of his eyes. He cried so much that night, that he never spoke again." It took me about three seconds to process that. 

"You mean... your husband was killed by someone?" I asked, slowly. She nodded. I wish I didn't know about this. Now I'm more curious about it. Who killed him? Why did that person kill him? Why did he leave Ayyub alone? I had a lot of questions running through my head, but no answers... She didn't seem like she was going to tell me any more than that. 

"He was a police officer, that's why." Oh... police officers do have many enemies. "Umar wants to become one too... but I'm too scared to let him go for that." 

"That's really sad... I'm sorry for your loss." I said, quietly. 

"It's no problem!" She said cheerfully. "I'm finally over it." She said, grabbing a cookie from the tray. "You really should come over often. There's no girls in the house except me and Saira. But Saira's just a year old, so she doesn't really talk yet." 

"Oh, you have a baby girl?" I asked. She nodded. 

"Hopefully.... " She was interrupted by loud baby cries. "Ugh... she woke up. Wanna see her?" She asked. I nodded. I don't think I've ever been near a baby my whole entire life. I used to see a lot of them at the park, but never was I able to hold one. When she took me into the living room, her daughter was sitting up, crying with her hands rubbing her eyes in blue shorts and a white shirt. She was really chubby too. She was the same baby Umar was holding the last time he came for a visit. When her mother held her, she stopped crying instantly, and instead stared at me. I really haven't held a baby in my entire life. I'm not even joking. "This is Saira. Say hello Saira." Her mother said, smiling at her child. "Oh, your name's Amarah, right?" She asked. I nodded.  

Umar

"Ayyub, listen to us the next time and don't go outside. I know you think this is horrible and all but we have to protect you too. You've already had a million cases of bullying... Why don't you understand?" It was useless making promises  with Ayyub, because no matter what, he would never listen. Even after telling me the whole story, he still didn't tell me the fully story. He didn't tell me why they went after him. He wrote something in his notebook.