Lesson Fourteen: This is How You Start an MSA

REMINDER: PRAY WHATEVER SALAAH IT IS YOU HAVEN'T PRAYED YET. :) 

Amarah

"Hey, is that George?" April asked me, looking behind. 

"Who the flip's George?" I asked, looking behind to see a very average boy with a very average sense of style. 

"That's George from middle school." She pointed out. "And he's coming your way." Oh, the popular boy back then... What happened to him now? When he got to me, he took his glasses off and squinted. 

"Princess A?" He asked. 

"George." I gave him a nod. "Where have you been these last few years?" I asked, giving him a skeptical look. 

"What's happened to you?" He asked, ignoring my question. I looked at myself up and down. 

"Nothing." I replied, obviously knowing what he meant. Of course I knew I changed. But I'd rather not acknowledge it.

"You used to be so popular back then." 

"Still am." I correct him, offended.

"No one talks about you anymore." 

"Well, this isn't middle school, George. Besides, stuff happened. You changed and I might have changed. Well I don't think I changed.... no wait, the fact that I don't believe in aliens is a huge change." I said, wide eyed. 

"Right." He laughed. Even though he turned into a nerd, he didn't have the long hair, the piercings, or the sickly skinny body anymore. He was fit and in shape. He had the tattoe he's always had on the right side of his neck. Not that I was examining him in anyway. "So are you free this Saturday?" He asked. 

"Excuse me?" I asked. 

"I'm asking you out on a date." He clarified. I blinked once, then twice. 

"Are you in your right mind?" I asked him softly and carefully. To approach lunatics, you must speak with care. "George, I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but people look at me differently now. I'm not like I was before."

"You're not. That's why I thought it was okay asking you. Before you never used to let anyone date you." 

"I still don't. That's never going to change. I'm engaged." April's eyes lit open. George stared at me in shock and Binyamin froze. Binyamin was only a couple of meters away from me, sitting at the desk. 

"To what?" He stuttered. 

"To an animated character." I said, jokingly. They all continued staring at me. "Obviously to a human being." I finally said, seriously. 

"When did it happen?" April asked. 

"It was confirmed yesterday." I said, smiling. I was offically engaged to Jamal as of yesterday. Our parents talked it over. 

"This can't be happening." George said, still shocked. 

"Why?" I asked, offended. 

"Hey, but you're not married right now, are you? Just one date please?" He said, sadly. I laughed. 

"That's a good one." I said, laughing nervously. Also an awkward one. "For religious reasons and because I don't want to cheat on my fiance, I will not date you, George." I said, firmly. 

"No, but I'm serious. You're a Muslim, right?"

"Yeah... I am." I said, a little shocked. Not many people knew about Muslims, and if they did they would never pronounce 'Muslims' right.