Background Information

(Sorry that it sounds much like the description. I have added details in to have the story make more sense.)

In 1990 the supernaturals have conquered the world. Humans tried to fight back, however, they were quickly subdue and silenced. Consequently, each country is under one supernatural race control. The United States is under the vampires control. The werewolves control Canada. The vampires also control portions of Europe, while the rest is under witches control. 

Furthermore, when the supernaturals took control, they extended their dominance over everything, including the government. One of the laws they created was the requirement of all humans undergo a test to determine if they are a mate. Due to the importance of mates, the supernaturals have deeply researched the topic and found out all mates have the same birthmark. As a result, if a human is a mate, they are required to go to their mates on their eighteenth birthday. All mates will attend special schools and they are treated better than the average humans. So some humans attempt to hide that they are mates or that their children are mates. 

The vampires are ruled by the Carter royal family. The royal family is composed of a king, queen, prince, and princess. The prince is the only person in his family who does not have a mate.

(The upcoming chapter will be the Rules of the Mates. The chapter following that will give further details about Stephanie's story. For the first chapter I am just posting to determine if people are interested in this story/concept. Remember this is my first time writing, I am not a writer, so please don't expect perfection.)