Discovery

Also-Sorry if there are a lot of errors. I have been trying to get some chapters out fast. I usually go back and fix them.

Stephanie walks into the doors of Kennedy High School. The school is packed with students and teachers along with vampires and doctors. All freshman are required to go to the gymnasium to get tested before they go to their first class.

Walking down the stairs to go to the gymnasium, Stephanie sees a line of tables with Last Names A-C, D-F, G-I, J-M, N-P, Q-S, T-V, W-Z over it. Stephanie gets in the line of 10 people for the G-I's. 

After the ten people in front of her leave to go get tested Stephanie is at the front of the line.

Stephanie is shocked to see a young blond haired vampire registering people. He looks like he just got out of high school. On his name tag is the name Walter.

Walter-Name

Stephanie-Stephanie Harrison

Walter-You are born on February 1, 1998 to Lacey and Mark Harrison. You have a sister Michelle Harrison who is a junior at this school. Is that correct?

Stephanie-That is correct.

Walter-I want you to take this name tag and then go through the gymnasium doors. There you will be met with another vampire who will take you to see a doctor. The test should not take more than a few minutes if you are not a mate. Afterwards if you are not a mate you will exit the gymnasium doors and go in that hallway where a setup like this one will be with your class schedules. You must immediately report to your first class when we are done. No class will start until every human has been tested.

Stephanie walks through the gymnasium doors. She is greeted by another young vampire with black spiked hair. On her name tag is the name Samantha.

Samantha-As I am sure the other vampire has told you-the process is you will go behind that curtain where a doctor is waiting for you. There is a machine that tests for mate marks. If you are not found to have a mark then you will exit and go get your class schedule. If you are a mate then you are handed over to the proper authorities. Now this is where I leave you.

Stephanie stands in front of a white curtain camp tent set up. Gathering her courage she walks in. In the room is a hospital bed underneath a machine. She is greeted by an middle age female vampire. Her name tag says Joy. 

Joy-You must be Stephanie Harrison. My name is Doctor Joy Anderson and I will be conducting your test today. It is nice to meet you. How are you doing today? Please come lay down on the bed.

Stephanie after getting on the bed-Its nice to meet you as well. I am nervous since its my first day of high school.

Joy-Yes, it has already started off with an exciting start. Don't worry you will be fine. High School are some of the best four years of your life. Any other concerns before I tell you what will happen?

Stephanie-No.

Joy-This is the new and improved mate test. After the humans have hided our mates from us with some help the supernaturals have come together and created this machine that should stop any enchantment. The machine will go over every part of your body. If it stops and beeps it means you are a mate. If it turns off than you are not a mate. If you are not a mate than you will go back to your normal day to day life. If you are a mate I must report you to my superior and he will take you to the proper authorities. Let us begin then. This won't hurt.

Doctor Joy turns on the machine. The machine starts at Stephanie's head. She knows it will not stop and beep until it gets to her left knee. As the machine finishes her right side first she knows in a matter of seconds her life as a non-mate is over.

The machine is over the area of Stephanie's left knee and stops and beeps. Doctor Joy is shocked. 

Joy-It looks like you might be a mate after all. Before I go get my supervisor I must demand you roll up your pants and show me your left knee.

Stephanie rolls over her pants. She has applied the makeup right before so her knee looks pale.

Doctor Joy goes over to her cabinet and gets a towel and a bottle with clear liquid in it.

Joy-This bottle has the solution to the makeup that helps hides mates found on the black market. This might sting a little.

Doctor Joy cleans her knee until in plain sight is her running man birthmark. Doctor Joy lets out a gasp of shock. She knows what that mark means. She has found Prince Edward's mate.