I who cares

[A/n] Feedback is appreciated. My oldest fanfiction that I am rewriting now. [2022]

TW: ableism, swearing

The school was fucking annoying. I know that I am sounding like a basic side character in a high school romance right now and in fact, I didn't want to be anything more than that. I hated attention and, well, school. It definitely wasn't the best idea to delay my homework the entire last week and thanks to the coffee I was able to think clearly again.

I grabbed my bag with books, locked the door to my room and left the dorm. I always listen to music on my way to the classroom. Loud. So Loud, that I can ignore all people around me until their silhouettes disappear to a far distance. Out of my sight, out of my mind. Unfortunately today I forgot my earphones so I wasn't able to ignore them as effectively as usual, which already worsened my mood. 

I noticed a group of students hanging around and doing stupid things in front of one of the buildings. As always. I never showed any interest in what they were doing and I had to walk past them to get to my scheduled classroom.  Without my headphones, I couldn't ignore them and their lousy tongues. 

"Jungkook", one of them was calling my name and I instinctively twitched at the sound of my name. My twitching must have given away that I noticed them and since I didn't want any trouble I had no choice but to give them what they wanted, attention. While slowly making my way up to them, I tried to look as cool and unbothered as possible.

"So you aren't def after all, my friend. Come here, let's chat a little", Jin said while scanning me with his eyes, he was holding instant noodles in one hand and a cigarette in the other. What an odd combination. That sight alone ruined my day, let alone what is about to follow.

Everybody was looking at me. Especially one guy who just threw his cigarette to the ground. Taehyung was known for his "overly cool" and bad behaviour and it seemed as if I wouldn't get out of this one easily. He slowly eyed me up and down with a light smirk until his eyes looked directly back into mine. Damn, he's making me nervous. 

"You have nice clothes, lad. Do you mind to borrow me that cute jacket?", Taehyung was now coming up to me. His smirk grew wider and was slowly turning into a grin.

They really are jerks. It was autumn now, so without the jacket, I would freeze my a*s off. But I don't have any interest to mess with them, so I just pulled the jacket off, pressed it against his chest and turned away. "Keep it.", I said.

I walked away without even looking back once.

------

I entered the classroom and sat down, leaned back in my seat and looked out of the window.

"A jacket more or less, who cares ..?", I tried to think positive, at least they didn't hurt me.