Chapter 7

It's been a while. Sorry bout that.

~~~

"You know, I miss it. The thrill of cases back when I was younger. Every case seemed to be  fireworks," You mentioned to Sherlock who nodded.

"Yes, well, cases got easier as we grew up obviously. If they didn't, there would be something wrong with our heads," You shrugged at Sherlock. 

"Yes well, if our minds remained the same, we'd be like every other mundane person. Like John, maybe we'd even be capable of love. Adler was. I dare say even you felt the same way Adler was.

"I am guessing you never did? And as hard as it is for John to see and Mycroft even, of course you noticed." Sherlock let out a sigh. You shook your head.

"I have been too busy looking for cases, looking for something to bring my adrenaline out and about. It's not easy when you can predict what is going to happen next. It's like watching a movie yet you were the director. I used to feel proud, but now it's all a bit disappointing," You said, you were cleaning up the kitchen, trying to keep your hands busy. You felt Sherlock's mood change. He pitied you.

Sherlock, the robot pities you.

"You could just-"

"Mycroft isn't an option Sherlock, he's your brother and work take any proposition too seriously," Sherlock shook his head.

"I was going to suggest myself actually," You let out a loud laugh. You heard a glass break and glanced at John who was waiting for you two children to go back to sit down. John was now standing up, around him a puddle of tea and broken glass. 

"Come on John, you don't even live here anymore," John glanced down.

"Oh uh, uh, sor- um. Sorry about that," He was trying to put a sentence together after what SHerlock just said.

"Don't ignore me, it makes sense."

"No it doesn't Sherlock. I shouldn't of even brought it up, it was just a thought. Come on, lets finish out tea?"

"Yeah, ok then (y/n)."

Something felt off about Sherlock, you knew how to figure it out but you decided to leave it that. You didn't want to think about how Sherlock felt. It was useless.

Maybe Mycroft wasn't a bad suggestion. 

~~~~~~~~~

It is in fact a Sherlock x reader. I just want things to get interesting *drama* :D