Chapter 16

... It hasn't been like a month or anything... I'll be writing more now that I'm done my work :D

~~~~

You blew out a sigh of relief as you walked into a quaint coffee shop, 20 minutes early for you cuppa with Greg. You placed your buzzing phone on silent and shoved it in your bag. Ignoring the Holmes will become easier.

You sat down taking out a book you wanted to finish a few days ago but got caught up in everything that has been happening. Mycroft kept invading your thoughts and you were reminded of how silently he took you, he didn't even question your actions. 

Just decided to wrap his arms around you and hold you steady. 

His brother on the other hand, he grabbed your hand and told you the game was on. 

So how come you smiled so much more with Sherlock? Your heart skips too many beats when he was around.

So, what exactly did you prove?

"Hey (y/n), early too huh?" You glanced u[ and saw Greg, in his hands were two cups of coffee, you smiled gratefully.

"Thank you Greg," you said placing your book in your lap as you accepted his cup. 

"I figured getting here early was the only way to be able to pay for your coffee," you nodded, ignoring the fact that you were going to pay for his as a way to say thank you. 

"You are correct, I was planning to buy yours," at this he laughed and you became even more grateful that you were here with him, and not at the house full of Holmes.

"So what book are you reading?" He asked, sitting opposite of you in the comfy chairs you chose to sit on. You glanced down and read aloud the title of the book.

"Ah, what are your thoughts on it?" And just like that Greg got you to lift your mind on the Holmes and onto books and literature. You went into detail on the storyline, and Greg responded at all the appropriate times, said all the right things to make you keep talking, to keep spilling out jumbled thoughts. 

Before you knew it, a few hours passed with the two of you speaking on what books you both were reading and books you were planning on reading. 

"Alright, so I suppose it is time to head to the office and to work on our reports, thank you for coming here with me, I really needed a brain break," you looked up at Greg, not realizing he too needed this time together so much. 

"Yes Greg, it was really good, let me know anytime ok? It's always a joy to get a break with you," at this he wrapped his arms around you and held it for a few seconds, his breathing slow, his smile soft. Ok, not father-daughter relationship, maybe a good friend going onto a best friend. 

"Alright, now onto the fun stuff!" You said and he laughed as you guys headed to the police station.