Chapter 19

Ok, it's been a while but now that I'm stuck home, perhaps I can update this one :D >.<

~~~~

Sherlock's face was filled with confusion as you walked out of the room, upset and annoyed only with your face. You knew glaring at him would only cause problems later on and it wasn't actually his fault that you caught feelings. 

There was however one thing that was entirely your fault. 

You forgot that it was still raining and glowered at the sky before going to hail a cab. 

"Hey, you can't just walk out-"

"I need to discuss things with your brother, the least I can do is tell him right away instead of keeping him at bay like I am doing," Sherlock's curls were getting wet and you thought that it would go slack or become straight. But now they were just wet curls that were promising to frizz up as soon is it dried.

"Sherlock go inside before you catch a cold," you said, your voice was as monotone as you could make it. It may not be his fault you caught feelings, but he definitely wasn't helping as he stood there in a white button-up getting absolutely soaked. You glanced down at your own attire, a black rain jacket and simple jeans, your shoes were getting soaked and your socks were paying for your bad decisions. 

"I can help you, we can go together you know, you don't always have to do things alone," Sherlock Holmes. This was him. 

"You know, my brother told me you wanted to get rid of your feelings for someone, you could use me, I mean I am your friend right? This is what friends do for each other no?"

"You wouldn't want this, besides Sherlock I wouldn't know how to," you looked up at Sherlock, he was just a boy, his shyness came and went. He would be an unpredictable prick one day and then turn into a shy little boy acting like he just got into trouble. Which with him was probably exactly what happened.

"I just want to help you (y/n), I want to be able to be a better friend, you know that I-"

"I know Sherlock, and I said I would help you learn how to be a good friend, it's just this is already annoying as is, I don't want to drag you into any more complications, what if you get annoyed?" Sherlock was waiting for you to finish talking before he stood up from his reading spot and took your hands. 

"I want to help you, I was alone until you helped me, you showed me I don't have to do everything alone, let me be there for you," and that's perhaps when your heart began to beat a little bit faster every time you saw him.