Chapter 16

You and Loki both whirled toward the sound of the gun. You barely had time to take in the scene. One of the students was standing on one of the lunch tables with a scary looking gun in each hand. You knew nothing about guns, but those didn't look legal. They were huge.

In an instant, Loki's outfit changed to his battle armor, including the golden horned helmet. He whirled back to you, wrapping his arm around your waist before you even registered what was going on. He held you tightly to his side, his cape shielding you from view.

The guns started going off then.

A quick teleport had you two next to Peter, who had still been standing nearby. Loki grabbed Peter by the arm and teleported you both to an empty classroom. You were surprised he hadn't just teleported you back to the tower, until you remembered that his powers were limited by Stark's tech. He couldn't teleport that far.

"Y/N, are you ok?" Loki demanded. You nodded. You hadn't been hurt. "Call for help. Stay. Here." He ordered firmly. You nodded again.

"Wait!? You're going back out there?" you demanded when his words registered.

"Those kids are defenseless. Stay here. You'll be safe," Loki ordered again. You nodded dumbly. You couldn't go with him. Your combat skills weren't up to dealing with those scary looking guns and you knew it, especially without your powers. Nat could've done it, but Nat had also had more than seven months of training.

"Be careful," you bid him softly.

"Always," he replied and teleported away. You rushed to the door and locked it before you pulled your phone from your pocket.

"Jarvis, call the avengers, tell them to assemble. Call the police and get them to the school. There's an active shooter in the cafeteria," you ordered. You looked over at Peter.

"You ok?" you asked him. He nodded, but looked more upset than anything.

"I can help, why did he send me away?" Peter asked, lost and hurt.

"Because, dummy, no one knows your secret except the two of us," you reminded him grumpily as you sat down in the teacher's chair. You figured you were going to be here awhile, might as well be comfortable until you could leave. "You got that suit with you?" You asked him. His eyes widened when he finally understood your meaning. He nodded.

"A little privacy?" he asked. You rolled your eyes, but turned the chair you were in so he could change without you watching. At least he was fast about it. You kept your eyes closed when he moved, just in case. "Sorry about this," he said, standing in front of you now. You opened your eyes and your mouth to ask what he was sorry for, but before you could, web shot from his wrists, binding your hands to the arms of the chair you were sitting in.

"Hey!" you protested, struggling against the web, but that stuff was strong and wasn't budging.

"Sorry!" he repeated. "It's not that I don't trust you to stay here where it's safe, but I was told explicitly by Mr. Stark not to trust you to stay where it's safe. He said you're a healer and you'll go running into danger to help people." he ran from the room before you could yell at him any more. Before he left the scene entirely, he webbed the door shut. Great. You weren't moving until one of the two of them came back for you.

"Kid? Are you ok?" Tony's voice came through your phone.

"Yes, I'm fine. Loki and Spiderman are in the cafeteria. I'm in one of the classrooms," you replied raising your voice to make sure the phone could hear you from where you were stuck.