Chapter 58

You strode too calmly, too fluidly, too much a graceful dangerous predator, to where Loki was chained in the middle of the room. You were the eye of the storm as chaos, rage, and power swirled around you. Attacks came at you, the bullets, powers, people couldn't get to you, they couldn't get through the storm around you.

You touched Loki's hair when you reached him. He growled and struggled, too pained to recognize your touch. "Shh, love. I'm here. You're safe now," you told him softly as you removed his blindfold. You stroked his hair, using a touch of power to ease his pain. You would free him when you'd dealt with the walking carrion who had harmed him. He was safe and not being injured more while you were here. He looked up at you with such hurt and fear in his eyes. You bent down and kissed his forehead. "I'm here. No more pain," you promised, then turned and glared maliciously at those who had dared to harm a hair on your Loki's head. "For you," you corrected.

Loki tried to shout something. It was probably 'no', but he couldn't. He would know what was coming too. It wasn't just Thor who knew the perils of angering the healer.

"Shit. She's going off plan,"

Even the team was thrown by the depth of your grief and rage. Nat and Thor seemed to be the only ones who understood, though Bruce seemed to understand the anger at least. Thor braced himself against the spirals of your rage and powers, to kept from being swept away.

Power swirled, the maelstrom of your rage and grief spiraled faster around you as it spread, enveloping the entire building. Your rage touched every single person in that place, every single one who had been in on this plan.

You dove into your power.

The people who hurt your Loki

Who tortured your love

Were

Going

To

Pay

So you dove to the very last drop of your power, faster and faster, deeper and deeper, spiraling down to the very core of your power, you gathered it all, gathered everything you had and exploded out from the center of your power, hitting every single person there who had a hand in harming your love. Your natural ability was healing. You were a healer to the core. Even in your anger, your rage, your grief, your power went to healing first.

Do

Not

Anger

The

Healer

A healer, a true and proper healer like you, could and did knit wounds back together in an instant, could reassemble people on a molecular level, could do the impossible and stitch any and every inch of the human body together when it was injured.

While a healer could do all of those miracles, they were far more deadly for their ability to do the exact opposite. You could rip the human body apart, could destroy with the same abilities which let you heal, could pull a body apart until nothing was left.

That is exactly what your power did now.

Every person who had a hand in this plot, who had tortured your Loki, who had added to your rage and grief for the pain administered to your love was ripped to particles so small that the air was thick with the red mist that was all that was left of your victims.

It wasn't an easy death either, for all that it was fast.

Pop

They exploded one by one as your power touched them.