Chapter 52

You were only half awake at best as you piled on the jet SHIELD sent too early one morning shortly after you'd gotten home. "Why do we have to do this again?" you whined, cradling your cup of coffee as you boarded the jet. At least you could wear normal clothes for this, jeans and a t-shirt with Loki's helmet on it, because you saw it in a shop and thought it was funny.

"Because Fury ordered us all to make an appearance on the helicarrier, and we like to keep him happy when he's not being unreasonable," Nat replied kindly. She had a short, vicious argument with the pilot over who was going to fly. Unsurprisingly, she won. The pilot should have just given up instead of making her knock him out.

"Some kind of team evaluations or physicals or something," Clint added. He gave you a look. "Mind getting that guy out of my seat?" he gestured to the copilot chair. "I'd ask boyfriend, but he'd just kill the guy," he looked at Loki, who shrugged, not denying that he'd kill the guy.

You looked over at the copilot. "Are you going to make me get up and put my coffee down to remove you from that chair, or will you be reasonable and your pride intact?" you asked him innocently, grumpy since you hadn't had enough coffee yet. At least you and Loki had gotten seats together. No one was stupid enough to argue on that point.

"I'm not afraid of a little girl. I can take you, little healer, and if you play nice you might even enjoy it," the copilot replied with too much flirtation for it to be innocent, and too much double-entendre in his words. You glared, not caring that your outfit did make you look younger than you were. You weren't a little girl, and he shouldn't be flirting or threatening that obnoxiously either way! The entire team cringed at his comment, their hackles rising to your defense. You heard Thor murmuring a prayer that the man's soul would be accepted into the halls of Valhalla.

"What did you say about me?" you growled at the pilot, who seemed to finally realize that he had messed up. You stood, your battle armor appearing in place as you did. You handed your coffee to Loki. "Hold my coffee," you told him firmly.

He smirked, getting ready to enjoy your display. "Kick his ass, baby. I got yo coffee," he grinned, proud of himself for remembering the 'hold my flower' meme.

You went to the copilot and lifted him by the throat out of Clint's seat. "I am Sigyn of Asgard and a respected member of the Avengers team. I am not a little girl, nor am I an object for your desires," you snarled as you held him above your head. He struggled and gasped and tried to croak an apology. "Disrespecting any member of the Avengers Initiative is stupid. Disrespecting me in front of my fiance is even more stupid and you should be eternally grateful that he is letting me deal with you myself. He would not be nearly as generous as I am. You will never speak to a member of the team like that again. And you will learn to respect women." After a few tricky pieces of magic, he was suitably punished with an inability to 'perform' unless he was respectful to the woman he wanted to perform with, mummified in ropes from mouth to toes, and thrown across the jet so he landed in a crumpled heap.

"Your seat's open," you told Clint and made your way back to your own seat. Clint nodded and took his seat to help Nat fly this thing. Loki calmly handed you your coffee back while your battle armor faded back to normal clothes. Loki draped an arm around you while you sipped on your coffee in the silent jet. The rest of the team was still staring in awe. They saw you fight plenty, but didn't often see you with your temper actually up.

"I would have broken a few more bones," Nat finally commented.

"You're welcome to," you replied as you contentedly sipped on your coffee.

"Maybe later. We'll let him sweat for awhile," she grinned maliciously at the man who was bound on the floor of the jet.

"I can still kill him for you if you'd like, witchling," Loki offered pleasantly. "Though that was an impressive little piece of magic stopping him from... what is the Midgardian phrase?" he asked, sounding like he had genuinely forgotten it.