Chapter 51

Once the shock died down some, you had to take a billion pictures of you holding the hammer and Thor promised to teach you how to use it later. It would be useful to have two members of the team who could actually use it. "How come she's worthy?" Tony demanded.

Thor chuckled. "Healers often would be more inclined to be worthy, though most wouldn't deign to hold a weapon, which would exclude them. My little sister, however, is perfectly willing to fight for a good cause. Of course Mjolnir would find her worthy,"

"Does that means she gets to rule Asgard now?" Tony added a follow up while you tried to hide your extremely red face. You weren't supposed to be worthy, just like everyone else.

"Well, she is a princess," Loki added unhelpfully. "She's not first in line to the throne, or technically in the succession for another... 11 months, but the point remains,"

"You're not helping," you told him grumpily, embarrassed by all of the attention.

"Oi, Bobbsey Twins, what's with the braids?" Tony asked, obviously more drunk than he admitted when he was being so random.

"What are Bobbsey Twins?" Loki asked you, since Tony was obviously addressing the two of you, but he didn't know the reference.

"Just a famous pair of twins. They're old children's book characters," you explained quickly. Loki nodded. You and your Asgardian boys weren't nearly drunk. "The braids are lovelocks, Tony, do you really want me to explain Asgardian traditions right now, or were you just making fun?"

"Just making fun," he replied pleasantly. At least he was honest.

Clint finally helped by bringing out the box of Cards Against Humanity to distract everyone with. You deducted five blue bandaids from him for rescuing you, which made sure he didn't lose the contest.

It was a fairly normal game of drunken silliness. It was fun hearing Thor say such awful words, and you were all surprised at how well he was doing. The entire team was made of terrible people so it was a pretty evenly matched game until:

"If God didn't want us to enjoy BLANK, he wouldn't have given us BLANK," Loki read off of the black card in front of him. He leaned back and closed his eyes so he couldn't see whose answers were whose. You smirked as you picked the two cards you'd been holding onto for a few rounds now and laid them strategically so he'd pick yours last.

You waited patiently for him to read through the others, a small smirk being all he gave of amusement at a particular answer. Until he read yours to himself a moment before he was supposed to read it aloud. He nearly fell off the couch he started laughing so hard. "What is it?!?" the team demanded, wanting to know what could have gotten Loki to have that reaction to the cards.

He finally caught his breath and answered. "If God didn't want us to enjoy Loki the Trickster God, he wouldn't have given us That Ass," he started laughing again. Everyone else laughed while they tried to figure out who played that. All eyes went to you as you stood and made an elegant bow. An instant later Loki was on his knees in front of you, bowing so deeply his head touched the floor. "That was impressively done, witchling." He said when he rose from his bow. You were laughing as he handed over all of his black cards to you.

"Yeah, I can't beat that," Tony folded too.

The pictures of you holding Mjolnir and Loki bowing down to you were trending on the internet for at least three weeks straight. All of your pictures from Asgard were pretty popular too once you'd uploaded those. Loki was embarrassed of some of the tender moments with Frigga you'd caught on film, but he was pleased under the embarrassment. You sent him and Thor all of the pictures so they could treasure them too. You had thought your phone had been dead when Loki and Thor had been dancing last night, but you had gotten it to get one picture before it completely gave up. It had been one of the sexiest things you had ever seen and now you had photographic evidence of it.

*

You worked for a couple weeks working with Thor and Mjolnir. The lightning power was intimidating at first, but after a couple of attempts to use it, Thor had convinced you that it wouldn't hurt. You anyway. Others it could very much hurt.

The next mission you all went on, you and Thor spent the entire beginning of the battle throwing Mjolnir back and forth as you used it on bad guys. It was so much fun and all of the bad guys were somehow surprised even though the pictures had been trending for weeks. You tossed Mjolnir to Thor when you got a call across the battle that Clint had been shot. Again. You sighed in exasperation as you teleported over to heal him.

Clint healed, you looked around the battle to see where you were needed next. Loki was surrounded by enemies so you teleported over to him. "Hello, love," you greeted him.

"Hello darling. Fancy meeting you here," he teased. You grinned and drew a dagger.

"Are these silly men bothering you?"

"They are tediously trying to keep me away from you," Loki whined while you both twirled and parried the attacks with daggers, having fun instead of actually fighting hard. It scared the bad guys more that you were purposely playing with them.

"Shall I be offended and beat them up for you?" you teased back

"WOULD YOU TWO STOP FLIRTING DURING BATTLE?" Tony roared over the comms. "I'm going to barf if you don't knock it off,"

You and Loki both proceeded to completely ignore him. "My lady's offer is quite kind, though I feel I must remind you that I am not some helpless maiden in need of rescuing,"

"Of course not. You are a self rescuing princess," you replied with a smirk. That was a safe joke about his propensity to change genders. He laughed taking the joke as unmaliciously as you'd meant it.

"You do know me too well, my darling witchling," he replied jovially. You were both having way too much fun during this fight.

"Have you had enough fun toying with the mortals?" you asked, offering him a glowing blue hand.

"Quite enough, they have begun to bore me, and I would much prefer to spend the rest of the evening with my lady," he replied and placed his glowing green hand in yours. Back-to-back you blasted the battle with power, quickly taking out the rest of the enemy.

"Why don't we start with that?" Tony grumbled while you turned to kiss Loki in a post-battle congratulatory kiss. "Oi, lovebirds, knock it off and let's go eat!"

SHIELD rounded up the bad guys and the entire team found the nearest hole-in-the-wall restaurant to eat at. In uniform. You were all covered in dirt and grime from the battle, but no one seemed to care as you sat sleepily around the table your group claimed and ate greasy delicious food as fast as the owners would bring it to you. Pictures were taken and you had to pose for the owners, but it was worth it for the tradition of finding the nearest unknown restaurant and getting them super famous for having the team eat there after battles.