two

GETTING up from the comfort of her warm sheets was always a problem for Chaebyeol. Her alarm clock had rung for the fifth time before she finally took the initiative to drag herself out of her bed. Though it was quite a challenge, she had soon managed to end up on the floor. From there, she crawled towards her bathroom and got ready for the day.

One of Chaebyeol's lectures were in the morning, while the rest were later in the day. Leaving her apartment, she had soon met up with one of her closest friends. "Morning Min." Chaebyeol waved as she caught up to the raven haired boy. He turned to slow his pace and returned the greeting. Chaebyeol stood next to her friend and soon the two walked to their lecture together. "Great job on that cover yesterday." Minjae complimented, giving Chaebyeol a small smile.  "Thanks! People went crazy with suggesting this StrayKids group." she laughed.

The pair soon approached their seats. Sitting down, the two continued to chat away until the lecture had begun.

— TIME SKIP —

          As soon as the lecture ended, Minjae and Chaebyeol had bolted out of there. Minjae had another thirty minutes break until his next class, therefore, the two went to the convenience store located near their school campus. "This StrayKids group," Chaebyeol started, "are they worth stanning?" she asked her friend as she blew into her bowl of piping hot ramen. "Hell yeah!" Minjae exclaimed enthusiastically. "Alright, alright. I'll get into them." Chaebyeol laughed as she continued to eat.

   The pair soon finished their food before leaving the store. Chaebyeol happily walked her friend to his next class, waving as Minjae left to enter the building. Turning around, Chaebyeol decided to have a peaceful stroll through the campus since the weather was pretty nice that day. She passed by performers hoping to earn some tips as they, well, preformed. The brown haired girl bopped her head along to the music before making sure to slip a tip into the busker's guitar case.

     Walking away, she felt the warm breeze brush upon her face before closing her eyes. She let in the fragrance of autumn, hands clutching tightly onto the scarf tied around her neck. However, this peaceful scene was suddenly disturbed when a heavy figure ran into the girl. "Ouch." she pouted, eyes opening slowly to find herself on the concrete sidewalk.

     "I-I am so sorry!" a figure spoke sincerely. Chaebyeol's eyes shifted from the concrete below her all the way up to the person who had bumped into her. His hand was extended to help the fallen girl get up. Her face softening, she sighed before taking the male's hand. The masked boy pulled Chaebyeol back up onto her feet. "I'm really sorry, are you hurt?" he continuously asked.

      Chaebyeol suddenly found herself laughing. The male in front of her continued to stand, confused. "S-Sorry you just reminded me of someone!" her laughing fit continued. "I used to have this really close friend back in like grade school who'd ALWAYS apologize for anything." her laugh faded, now leaving a faint smile in it's place. "Ah.. well... are you? Okay, I mean?" he added, only to get a single, affirmative nod from the female.

       "I'm sorry again. I'm Minho, Nice to meet you!" the male introduced, taking off his mask, then finding himself confused once more at the female stranger's reaction. "M-MINHO?! I FREAKING KNEW IT!" she exclaimed in surprise. "WOAH THIS IS LIKE FATE. MINHO YOU'RE IN FRONT OF ME AGAIN." she continued her loud dialogue, not failing to gain the attention of those around her.

       "Hm? Minho? Choi Minho?!" a woman asked, stopping to observe the scene. "Nahh! You sure it isn't Mino of Winner?" another chimed in. Suddenly, the two were surrounded by a nosy crowd of fans. "H-hey, lower your voice a bit, please." Minho nervously spoke, hastily slipping his mask back on as he backed up from the crowd. "Why? What's wrong?" Chaebyeol frowned. The male signaled over to a secluded area.

          The clueless female shrugged before following behind the boy. The crowd watched on warily as their eyes followed the slow movements of the pair. When the two had gotten away safely, Minho pulled his mask off once more. "IT IS YO-" the girl started once more, only to have a hand put over her mouth. "Shhh, yes it is I, Lee Minho of Straykids." he smiled softly before taking his hand back.

"Yeah, sure but..." she paused. "You really don't remember me? Park Chaebyeol? Your best friend since like.. forever?" she frowned. Minho's smile faded as he began to recall the memories of the two together. "No way!" it was his turn to now exclaim. "You've grown so much! I barely recognized you!" he laughed, causing the girl to face him with another bright smile.

"How've you been, bundle boy?" Chaebyeol asked, head tilting as she spoke. "Busy, to say the least." he laughed at the nickname she'd always use when they were little. "You finally debuted, huh?" she smiled contently, earning a nod from her friend. The two finally exited from wherever the boy had pulled her and talked along the way, making sure to catch up after years of missing each other.

The male paused in the middle of walking upon felling the vibration of his phone. Chaebyeol turned around, eyebrow quirking up as she watched him answer his phone. Once he hung up, he tucked the phone back into his pocket before walking up to the girl. "Hey, I gotta head back now. Here, put your number in my phone." he said, retrieving the device once more from his pocket. He handed it to her as she complied. She typed in her number before saving the contact. Lastly, she handed the phone back to it's original owner.

"Be awake at 10 if you wanna talk." he winked playfully before finally leaving. Chaebyeol laughed before waving the boy away. Minho returned the wave as he ran off. Smiling like an idiot, Chaebyeol hadn't realized that she was just about to be late for her next class.