seventeen

IT took a good second for Chaebyeol to process everything that had just happened. She ended up falling back into her bed, phone still in hand before squealing like a teenage girl. "Psh, he's so cheesy." she snorted, rereading Chan's proposal. Snapping out of her daze, her fingers moved to call the Aussie.

Chan was quick to answer, his thumb immediately pressing the accept button once it had popped up on his screen.

"Hey Christopher Bang."

"Oh haha... Hey there Chaebyeol.."

The shakiness in Chan's voice was obvious. Chaebyeol could tell that he was nervous, and she could only find that adorable.

"You got anything to say?"

"Well.. uh I'm not gonna repeat
what I just typed out-."

"Please don't."

"I'll say it in a less cheesier
way then."

Chan chuckled before taking a deep breath. Chaebyeol's heart was pumping, and her face was already burning up just by hearing Chan's voice.

"Lee Chaebyeol.. would you like
to go out with me?"

"Um.. give me a second."

"Alright.."

         The words had finally been said. Chaebyeol quickly muted her mic before jumping around and squealing. Then, she went back to her phone as if nothing happened.

"Yeah, I'll go out with you
or whatever."

         The female said nonchalantly. She didn't hear anything from Chan's side for a few seconds before his sigh of relief rang through the call.

"Oh my god, Thank you!"

           All Chae could do was laugh at his words. 'He's so cute, my heart hurts.' She sighed mentally.

"Oh! Can you come over to the
studio? I have something that I've
been working on for a while."

"Right now?"

"Mhmm! I can pick you up!
Wait do you have class
today? I guess I can show you
some other ti-."

          He rambled, only for Chaebyeol to interrupt him quickly.

"No! I don't have class. The walk
to JYP isn't that far. Give me 30
minutes!"

"Ah, alright. See you later Chaebyeol!"

"Bye bye Christopher"

        The couple finally hung up, both feeling their best. Chan couldn't contain his excitement, falling back on his bed. Chaebyeol clenched her heart before skipping to the restroom to get ready.

       Chaebyeol surprised herself a bit when she had seen herself in the mirror. This was the best she had ever looked. She wasn't sure why she decided to dress her best since it was just another visit to the JYP building, but she even decided to put a bit of makeup on. As she stared at herself, she noticed the red tint on her cheeks. "I don't recall putting any blush on..?" she muttered, before eventually shaking it off.

       Soon, Chaebyeol was finally off. Today was like a scene out of a movie. The weather was perfect as Chaebyeol walked on the sidewalk with her headphones in. Not long after, she had arrived to the building, greeted those at the front, and was given directions to Chan's studio.

When Chae had found the studio, she knocked, only to hear Chan's voice yell a 'come in'. She did so, opening the door before stepping in. Chan immediately stood up, a grin on his face. "Welcome to the studio! Please sit down." he says, quickly rolling a chair over to the girl. Chaebyeol happily takes a seat before Chan rolled the chair back to it's location next to his.

         "I was actually planning on letting you hear this a bit later when I was a bit more confident, but I guess the other members gave me a little push." he chuckled, causing Chaebyeol to simply just smile at his action. "Please.. enjoy it." he says, now growing nervous as he grabbed the headphones on the desk and placed them on the girl's head.

          With these headphones being completely noise proof, Chaebyeol could clearly hear her own heartbeat as she anticipated Chan's surprise for her. Soon, the silence was replaced with a sweet melody. Then, she heard Chan's voice. The girl didn't know how to react as she listened closely to the lyrics. Chaebyeol treasured every second of this song. She closed her eyes and bopped her head to the music as she took in every word and beat. When the song began to come to it's end, Chaebyeol frowned.

           "No..." she mumbled as Chan shakily took the the headphones off of her. "H-How was it? Your voice has been stuck on replay in my mind for forever . I really want you to sing it with me.." he asked, nervously tapping his foot on the floor. Chaebyeol didn't say anything before erupting from her seat to engulf Chan in an embrace. "Thank you so much. I'd be so honored to." she muttered in her neck. Chan's nervousness began to fade away, and his hands wrapping around the girl's waist. "I... I really like you Chaebyeol-ah.." he said, resting his head on Chae's as his arms engulfed her in comfort. On his face was a smile that nobody could wipe.

"I like you too Chan."