seven

THEIR hangout had finally ended. The rain had poured all through the afternoon, and calmed down later in the night. It was already well into the night and many of the members were passed out on the floor. Minho included. "I should be getting back now!" Chaebyeol spoke to the only two members, who were awake, once she finished cleaning up. "You think you'll be fine on your own?" Hyunjin (one of the two) asked. Chaebyeol gave him a tired smile and nodded. "It's a pretty short walk." she added. Hyunjin had been the one she had gotten to know the best after their time together.

"This won't do. I'll walk you home." he said, dropping the broom that was in his hand onto the floor before walking over to grab an umbrella. A familiar Aussie's ears perked up as he listened to the two. Out of instinct, he moved. "Hyunjin, go finish what you're doing." he spoke firmly. "Huh? It's late, I'm just gonna walk Chae home." The younger simply shrugged as he adjusted his jacket. "No. It's your turn to clean up the practice room, remember? I'll bring her." Hyunjin's eyebrows furrowed at the older member's persistence. "Fine." he gave a disappointed sigh, giving back in to his duties.

The Aussie male left for a second but soon came back sporting a black leather jacket. "I'll see you soon, Chae?" Hyunjin interrupted the two before they left. She gave him a smile along with a small nod. Hyunjin returned the smile, waving as the two made their way out.

Once the female and male were out of the building, they shared an umbrella before finally leaving. Their walk was awkward, considering the fact that the two had only been slightly acquainted. Out of the nine, Chae had felt that this Aussie had no interest in speaking to her whatsoever. Therefore, she felt slightly at ease hearing him volunteer to walk her back. 'So he doesn't completely hate me!' Chaebyeol's dense brain processed upon hearing his words from earlier.

Chan, on the other hand, was a complete mess. Both of his palms sweating with the thought of speaking to someone he'd grow to love on YouTube. Not to mention, finding her beautiful since the first time he heard her. "Chaebyeol-ah..?" he called out warily. "Hm?" she hummed turning to look up at him. "I believe we hadn't talked much earlier." he sighed, face looking down as he kicked the pebbles laying on the sidewalk.

  "Hehehe, yeah. I really thought you hated me." Chaebyeol shrugged, only to have Chan quickly deny these accusations. "Really?! Sorry bout that." he laughed, scratching the back of his head nervously. Chaebyeol laughed at the older male's actions before reassuring him that everything was fine. Chan smiled now, feeling at ease with her. The pair walked side by side, Chaebyeol feeling comfortable enough to make small talk with him.

           The girl decided to walk backwards in order to  maintain eye contact with Chan as they walked. However, she hadn't noticed the curb that she was about to fall off of. Her foot had suddenly slipped. Just as she was about to fall, Chan dropped the umbrella and caught the girl. The scene was just as dramatic as that of a drama's. Chaebyeol leaned back on Chan's arms, not wanting to open her eyes.

          "I'm dead right-?" she questioned, only getting a laugh from Chan. "Nope, you're fine." he replied. Chaebyeol finally opened her eyes to find the male staring straight at her. "AHAHHAHA THANKS FOR SAVING ME, I'M REALLY TIRED, LETS GO." Chan continued to laugh before standing the girl up. He then walked over to the fallen umbrella and pick it up. Looking over, he found Chaebyeol just standing in her place. He simply walked over to her, taking her hand and pulled her back under the umbrella.