fourteen

CHAN walked through the university campus, his hands stuffed into his pockets with his hoodie on as he allowed the cool spring air to engulf him. Today was a free day for the members, and all Chan needed was a mental break. So much had been happening in his life that he just needed some alone time in the spring breeze with his music. First, he gets involved in a whole scandal, and now, his thoughts always manage to linger on a certain girl.

"MIN, BRING YOUR ASS BACK HERE ALREADY." a familiar someone yelled right as Chan's music ended. Chan's eyebrow quirked up in curiosity as his head looked towards the direction of the voice. Unable to find the voice, Chan shrugged it off before playing a different album off of his phone. The male got up from the bench to walk around once more. He sulked as his feet moved, his eyes closing as he listened to the mellow music that blasted from his headphones.

His surroundings muted, he hadn't noticed the female that was getting ready to jump him in any second. Therefore, Chan's eyes widened as he was brought to the ground. "That hurt a lot more than I thought it would." the female murmured as she got up. Chan groaned in pain, "Geez, you're one to talk." he scoffed getting up after her. He turned to face the girl, only to be greeted by a wide-eyed Chaebyeol. "Chaebyeol..?" Chan questioned. "I-I'm sorry. I thought you were Minjae, but you aren't and I feel so bad- are you okay?" she suddenly asked, making sure not to rant for too long. "I'm fine, nothing's hurt." Chan shrugged. What a lie.

Chan's knee hurt like hell after that fall, but he tried shaking it off for some reason. "You dumbass." Minjae scoffed at Chaebyeol, approaching the two. "Hey, are you okay, si-." He began, only to be cut off with the realization of who was currently standing in front of him. "B-Bang Chan?" He stuttered, only to receive a small smile from the older male. "You know me?" Said male asked, tilting his head at Min.

       In a flash, the younger's eyes had a tint of sparkle as he stared into those of his idol's. "Of course I know you! You guys are amazing." he managed, completely starstruck. "I really appreciate that.." Chan trailed, asking for the other's name. "Minjae. Call me Min." the student introduced, bowing to a full ninety degrees. "Geez, all this respect for him." Chaebyeol scoffed, getting the attention of the two males.

    Chan giggles, scratching the back of his head. "You two should get to class. I don't want you to be late." he says before speaking once more, "Oh and- Min, let's hang out sometime." Chan smiles at the starstrucken male. "Y-yes! Of course!" Min exclaimed, bowing once more. "Get my number from Chae. Good luck in class!" The idol finishes, walking backwards as he waved goodbye to the two.

      Min and Chaebyeol return the gesture and soon Chan faced the pathway and left. As Chaebyeol began to walk, she heard the lack of Minjae's steps and turned around to find him stood in place, his eyes glued somewhere into the park. Chaebyeol quirked her eyebrows up before walking back to the male. "Hey uh.." she began, nudging him on the shoulder. Minjae flinched, moving his body to face the shorter girl.

        "Are.. you okay?" Chaebyeol asked, her eyes looking concerned. "Yeah.. I'm perfectly fine.. other than the fact that you fucking hid you knowing BANG CHAN from me!" he emphasized, crossing his arms like a child. "Right.. I was trying to think of a better time to introduce the group to you.. but I guess 1/8 is good enough, right?" she giggled. "Psh, you better introduce me to the seven others." Min scoffed, playfully shoving Chae's shoulder.

As Chae and Min played around, not one of them noticed the bitter expression on Chan's face as he faced them, only to turn back once more.