thirteen

GULITY is what Chaebyeol felt, remembering the sudden change of emotion on the older male's face as she left with Hyunjin. 'God.. does he hate me now?' she pondered, mindlessly repeating the same few words the entire day. Chan's frown broke her heart, and when she texted him later that day, his responses were noticeably different. Chaebyeol had shook Chan off for the entire day, but now he was stuck in her mind.

        She was now currently strolling through campus with her best friend next to her. Chaebyeol had spaced out, staring off at completely nothing as her legs moved. Minjae had noticed the girl's odd behavior, but decided to simply ignore it, slowly following behind in her footsteps. Chaebyeol heaved a sigh, causing Minjae to interrupt the awkward silence between the two.

      "What's wrong with you today, Chae?" he asked, hopping up to the female. "I- I've just been having these dreams..." she trailed off, letting out a yawn. "Hm, must be more of a nightmare if you're this tired." Minjae commented before gently taking his friend's hand and lead her over to a bench. They sat down, both letting silence engulf them once more until the dark haired male spoke.

       "So.. you care to elaborate on these dreams? Who knows? Maybe there's a meaning to them." the male shrugged, his legs laid over the other as he stared off into the campus park. "Oh?" Chae asked, intrigued by the idea. "That's actually smart." she added, before imitating the pose that the male was currently in.

       "Well," the female began, "It's this guy.." she avoided using any of the group member's names, knowing well that this was her best friend's favorite group. "Continue.." Minjae budged. "Sorry. So he keeps popping up in my dreams. These dreams... they felt so real. As if I could just reach out and touch him." she spilled, her friend nodding along as he listened. "We're standing in this sort of field thing.. and then suddenly it'd be a time when he and I hung out. Then it was back to that field. It's as if I could feel his presence whenever I reach out to touch him."

        "This could be the case of... a soulmate!" he exclaimed, sticking his phone in front of the female's face. The article read the signs of finding ones' significant other. The signs were here, however, Chaebyeol continued to ignore them. "No way." she laughed, a tint of uncertainty in her voice. "I don't even think of that guy as anything more than a friend." she pouted, crossing her arms childishly.

       "Your dreams say otherwise. Anyways, who knows? Maybe he likes you back." Min simply shrugged. "That's the complete opposite of what I want!" she exclaimed, only to get an 'are you sure about that face' from the male. "He has a unique job. It's not good for him to gain unwanted attention. Plus, so many people love him already." Chaebyeol scoffed, getting up from the bench. "What is he? An idol or something?" Minjae joked, only to have Chaebyeol sigh.

'If only you knew.' Chaebyeol sighed.