[52]

Laila's POV

"A-Alex, I can explain. I-I needed—"

He grabs my arm and pulls me in the direction of the theatre. The house was dark because I didn't have a chance to turn on the lights and I guess he didn't turn them on either.

Since it's so dark, I couldn't see the expression of his face very well. But I can bet you he isn't pleased.

"What a-are we doing?" I manage to ask.

He doesn't answer. He simply opens the theatre room door, closes it behind him and tells me to take a seat.

I do as he says.

He sits down beside me and clicks a button on the remote that turns on the projector.

As the tape begins rolling, it finally hits me what he's playing.

Oh my God. Why is he playing the security camera recordings?

The first recording is the day I came to this house as his wife.

"I fucking married you so we could do this your way yet you're still resisting me. What else could be the reason?

"Take a good look at that bed. That's the bed you'll use to satisfy my needs. That's the bed I'll fuck you on whether you want me or not."

I flinch as I watch.

"Take a good look at my face. This is the face that is going to bring your fucking nightmares into reality. This is the face that will have you begging the devil to take you. This is the face you'll have to lay beside in fear for as long as I want."

"You will do as I say whenever the fuck I want you to. I control you, Mrs. Laila Romano. I will not hesitate to remind you of this Hell at every possible moment."

I'm extremely uncomfortable at this point, squirming in my seat because he didn't lie. He stayed true to his words. He did exactly what he said he'd do.

The scene moves onto him coming back home later that night and just staring at me as I slept. He moves the hair out of my face and was actually lovingly gazing at me. Then, he picked me up and carefully placed me on the bed.

Just as he was about to leave, I see myself grab him and mumble 'stay'.

The current me is extremely embarrassed by this because I don't remember doing this.

The scene quickly moves onto the next day when he lost his temper because I freaked out when he kissed me.

Then, he skips to the scene with Sophie.

"Um... I was wondering why Alex's family didn't attend the wedding. Is there bad blood between them?" I'm seen asking her.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Romano. I'm not in the right to talk about his family."

"These are a tad bit boring, aren't they?" Alex finally says.

"W-what are you trying to do?" I ask him.

"Keep watching." He answers.

The next scene made me sick to my stomach even before it started. It's the night I'd rather forget.

"Alex... you don't want to do this... it won't solve anything, please. Please, listen to me." I'm seen pleading with all my strength. I look so... helpless.