Chapter 38

"Bellamy! Carter! Get out here!"

I break away from Bennett, detaching my lips from his and quickly climbing off of him from my straddling position, throwing on my top and some underwear before leaving my tent as quick as possible.

"What is it?" I ask Octavia the same time Bellamy emerges from his tent. He's shirtless and I notice his eyes raking my half naked body.

"There!" Octavia points up to the sky and I look up to see something flying through the inky sky. The metal ship's parachute deploys, slowing it's descent to the ground. It's a pod from the Ark.

It's a pod from the Ark.

"They're coming to help us." A shirtless Bennett says from beside me. "Now we can kick some Grounder ass!"

"Yeah!" A few other the delinquents cheer but I simply frown as I watch the pod fall to the ground.

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo." Roma say from the other side of Bellamy, a blanket covering her bare body whilst I roll my eyes and quickly go back into my tent, Bennett following me.

"So, we good to finish round two?" He smirks as I pull on my trousers.

"I had fun." I say blandly to him as I lace up my boots. "Thanks." I grab my jacket and manoeuvre around him, joining Octavia as we walk over to Bellamy's tent.

"So you and Bennett, huh?" She glances at me sceptically.

"Now's not the time for gossip, Octavia." I push aside the fabric of Bellamy's tent and go in, standing opposite Bellamy and Jones and beside two other goons.

"If it cleared the ridge then it's probably near the lake." Jones informs us.

"We should get moving, everyone's ready." Octavia says but Bellamy gives a small shake of his head.

"No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark, it isn't safe. We'll head out at first light, pass the word."

I narrow my eyes. That pod could have weapons, medical supplies, food, anything to help us survive and he's just going to wait until morning?

The other three guys all leave the tent with a nod, and I fold my arms across my chest as I watch Bellamy closely.

"Everyone for a hundred miles saw this thing come down." Octavia blocks his way to get her point across. "What if the Grounders get to it first?" Bellamy looks away from her for a moment. "Bell, we should go now."

"I said we wait until sunrise." Bellamy moves past her and out of the tent. Octavia looks at me and I shrug.

"You heard him."

She lets out a frustrated breath before leaving the tent, and I lean against the makeshift table, waiting.

"Uh..." I look over at Roma and Nicola who lay on the bed beside me. "You mind?" Roma asks and I shake my head.

"Not at all, don't let me stop you ladies from enjoying your night."

"Seriously?" She scowls, "Get out."

"Can't." I reply as I fidget with the end of my axe. "I'm waiting."

"What for?"

At that moment Bellamy decides to grace us with his presence again, stopping short when he sees me still standing in his tent. He glances over at the other two girls before looking back at me.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Waiting for you." I reply as I stand up straight.

"Let me guess," he deadpans, "Bennett wouldn't give you round two so you thought you'd come and get a kick out of another argument with me?"

"Not quite." I gesture to his stuff he would usually take when leaving camp. "Grab your gear and let's go."

"Go where exactly?" He tries to act cool but I roll my eyes.

"Cut it out, Blake, I know exactly what you're thinking about that pod." I shove past him, purposely hitting my shoulder against his as I leave his tent. "Let's go."