part four

this was going to be part of chapter 3, but i decided to split it into 2 parts

"Hey Rus!" Russia looked over to where America was sitting with a group of his friends, waving excitedly. "Do you want to sit with me today?"

Russia glanced at the other people sitting with America. Most of them weren't even looking at him, but a few, namely Georgia, Estonia, and Poland, were glaring at Russia. He didn't blame them.

"I'm... I'm good," Russia finally said, feeling pinned down by stares. "Maybe some other time."

England scoffed and rolled her eyes as Russia turned away. "Stop inviting him to sit with us," she scolded America just loud enough for Russia to hear. "He thinks he's too good for us."

That's not it and she knows it, Russia thought sourly, walking to an empty table and sitting down. She, like many others, had plenty of reason to hate Russia, but he felt that didn't excuse her rude behavior towards him.

"Hey Russia!"

Russia looked up. Germany smiled and sat opposite of him with a lunch tray. "Oh, hey Germ."

"Germ??"

"Sorry, I'm just tired."

Germany sighed dramatically. "You just can't be bothered to pronounce my full name anymore. I should've known it would come to this."

"Sorry," Russia apologized again.

A high-pitched laugh sounded, and Russia glanced around for the french fiend to whom it belonged. Germany noticed him looking around and shook his head, shoving some sauerkraut into his mouth. "He's sittin' with Belgium and Spain today."

"Oh," Russia dropped his shoulders. "Okay."

Germany chuckled. "Sorry I keep making him sit with us, I know you don't like him."

Russia rested an elbow on the table and propped his chin on his hand. "It's whatever." He's a good friend of yours, so I'll just bear it.

Tapping his fork on his plate, Germany looked at Russia expectantly. "You should go get some food."

"Eh... I'm not hungry." (of course you're not hungary, you're russia) Not even sure why I bothered showing up here.

Germany frowned in a fatherly manner. "Russia, you can't live on a bottle of vodka a day you know."

"I haven't drank today!" Russia defended, putting his hands up. Much.

Munching on another forkful of sauerkraut, Germany arched an eyebrow.

Russia leaned forward, resting his forearms on the table and wrapping his hands around his elbows. "I can't eat anyways. My stomach has been weird."

It was true. Ever since he had woken up, Russia's stomach hadn't stopped doing backflips. The few sips of vodka probably hadn't helped.

"Do you need medicine? You could go to the nurse," Germany offered.

Russia shook his head. "I'll be fine."

A few moments of silence passed before Germany spoke again. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you! Japan's hosting a party tonight at her dorm: a sort of 'Welcome to college' thing I suppose!"

"Sounds boring," Russia muttered. His eyes drifted over to the loudest lunch table, where America and Mexico were fighting over something. England tried to break it up, but everyone else at the table was laughing.

"There'll be drinks," Germany tried.

Russia looked down at the table. "You know I don't like parties.

"Come on Russia, please-"

"Hey guys!" America slid in next to Germany, apparently having escaped his argument with Mexico. There was an excited look on his dumb face. "Did I hear someone say party??"

Germany brightened. "You sure did! Japan's hosting a party tonight. I heard she'll have drinks!"

"WOO BOY!" America shouted, throwing his hands into the air. "Sounds like a blast! I'm in!"

"Yeah, well Mr. Doom-and-Gloom here isn't so sure," Germany jerked his head at Russia, who scowled. Thanks for throwing me under the bus. "He doesn't want to go; says parties are 'boring'."

"Aw, come on Russia!" America leaned over the table towards Russia, his sunglasses catching the light of the overhead fluorescents. "C'mon, you have to go. It's the first party of the school year!"

"Don't want to."

"Please Rus? It's not good to be so antisocial," America declared. "You need to get out and have some fun! Come on, please?"

Russia knew in the back of his head that America wouldn't leave him alone until he agreed to go. He looked past America to Germany. The black, red, and yellow country mouthed an additional 'Please?'

"Fine," Russia finally said, looking back at America. "I'll go for a little bit."

"YES!" America cheered.

"But if there's no good vodka, I'm leaving," Russia threatened. America and Germany rolled their eyes behind their glasses.

04/02/19