part twenty four

very short filler chapter, bc, yknow. christmas

also this book is #1 in russia and #2 in america, so u know what that means. gulag time

America seemed to be under the impression that they were friends. And Russia wasn't sure how to handle it.

"Hey Rus, you have economics next, right? I'm in that class! Can we sit together?"

Russia grunted and quickened his steps.

America didn't seem deterred by Russia's lack of response. "Cool!" He quickened his steps as well, keeping up with Russia quite easily. "Do you want to get lunch together after?"

"No."

"Oh, that's fine! We can eat together at dinner, then," America hummed, not put off by Russia's outright refusal.

"Uh... I'm not going to have dinner."

America tilted his head like a curious puppy. "Oh? Alright then, we can eat together tomorrow!"

Russia sighed and just gave up, going silent. America was fucking persistent, he'd give him that.

Reaching their classroom, Russia picked a desk near the end of one of the middle rows. The room was already half full of other students, a few countries he recognized and a few he didn't. America, of course, sat right next to Russia. Thankfully though, class started before he could talk too much. He took to doodling as Russia vaguely paid attention to the professor.

"You can work with up to two other people on this homework," the professor announced after about 20 minutes of going through a powerpoint lecture. "Write a short paper about what I spoke on today, and your opinions on it."

Russia rubbed the back of his right hand, where a thin strip of his skin was a slightly lighter shade. It was hardly noticeable, but Russia knew it was there. Just another scar.

"Hey!" Russia glanced up to where America was scooting his chair closer to Russia's. "Do you wanna work together? You know, because we're sitting close?"

When Russia didn't respond, America gave an unsure, sheepish grin.

It was cute.

That thought made Russia scowl.

America shrugged a little, maybe worried due to Russia's frown. "I mean, if you want. We don't have-"

"I don't care."

America brightened and scooted a little closer. "Great! Then let's start!"

Norway, who was sitting in front of them, turned in his chair and set his elbows on Russia's desk. "Mind if I join the party? I don't have anyone to work with."

"Sure!" America answered before Russia could, and the Russian simply sighed. Oh well. At least Norway didn't hate him, and he wasn't insufferable. "You don't mind, right, Rus?"

"Whatever," Russia mumbled. "Just shut up."

Norway looked between the two before leaning back in his chair. "There is some mad tension going on here."

Scratch the 'not insufferable' part. "What?" Russia hissed.

The red and blue country shrugged, a smirk on his lips. "Are you sure you two aren't dating?"

Russia was about ready to get out of his seat and teach Norway a lesson. America, however, beat him to it.

"What're you talking about, Norway?" America asked, grabbing onto one of Russia's arms and cuddling it. "We're married."

Russia shoved America away. "Don't touch me!"

America fell out of his chair, and onto the floor. He pouted up at Russia. "But sweetie- "

"Don't you ever touch me with your dirty hands again," Russia growled. America froze. Norway laughed.

"Rough honeymoon, huh?"

Russia glared at him, and the other country backed off with a small smirk. He looked back down at his homework as America climbed back into his chair. "Whatever. Let's just get started."

small psa because some people still don't get this!! soviet is not Russia's dad!! **not his dad in this story

also merry christmas, yall :)) i made a christmas oneshot with this russia and america in my oneshots book, so you can go read that if you want, it'll be the one published today on the same day as this :DD

12/24/19