sixsixsix

in which we find out that maybe russia is an ok guy

"Kiss me kiss me KISS MEEEEEEEE," America cried, shaking Russia - or trying to, at least. He swayed back and forth with his eyes screwed shut. "Russssssss."

"Someone can't handle their liquor," Russia muttered, despite also being drunk. He, however, was more aware than America.

"aaaaAAaAAaAAAAAAAaa," America shouted as he clung to Russia's jacket, stumbling down the hall. "99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of BEER!"

"Shh!" Russia shushed him as they trekked down the long hallway. "People're sleeping." Some countries had been smart enough to decline the party invitation, and were probably doing their best to sleep though all the noise America was making.

"98 bottles of VODKA!"

"Sh!"

America giggled, and the two stood outside their dorm room. Russia fumbled for the key, alcohol slowing his movement.

America swayed back and forth impatiently. "I want a kiss."

"Go kiss Japan."

"Nooooooo," America moaned, teetering forward before regaining his footing and standing back up. "Give me a kiss."

" 'm not gonna kiss you," Russia mumbled, finding the key. He struggled to hold it right in his clumsy fingers.

America was silent for a moment before sniffling and fisting the bottom of his shirt.

Russia glanced at him. "What?"

"I just want to be LOVED!" America shouted at the top of his lungs, tears forming in his eyes.

Russia panicked. "Woah Meri, calm down!"

America just stood there and cried like a child, rubbing an arm over his eyes as the tears spilled out. "I - I want to be wanted! I w-want someone to need me! I c-care so m-much about m-my friends but none of th-them care ab-bout ME!"

"Stop making so much noise!" Russia begged.

America lunged for Russia as the other finally unlocked the door and pulled them both into their room, slamming the door behind them. America had somehow jumped onto Russia's front in a hug, and now clung to him like a tiny koala, sobbing in their dark dorm room.

Russia stood still, drunken, distressed, and unsure of how to deal with America who was holding onto him for dear life. The smaller country weighed almost nothing.

He finally tried to pry America off. "Get off of me."

America didn't get off, instead just crying harder.

What's his deal? Thought he was happy when intoxicated, not a crybaby.

Russia stiffly walked to America's side of the room, standing over the other's bed. "Meri, get off and go to bed."

America sobbed something into Russia's shoulder. "Hm?" Russia asked

"I d-don't want to b-be alone," America said more coherently, his grip on Russia's shirt loosening.

Russia heaved a breath. "Don't be clingy."

America pulled away from Russia's shoulder and looked at him directly, his eyes shining with tears as they reflected the moon's light coming through the window. "I d-don't w-want to be alone," he repeated weakly. "I d-don't want to- to die alone."

Russia's heart hurt for some reason.

"It's bedtime," he said awkwardly as America rested his head back on his shoulder, his crying quieting. Russia knew he could probably easily force America off him now, because he wasn't holding on as tight, but he couldn't bring himself to.

I'm going fucking soft.

Intead, Russia turned around and walked to his own bed, pulling back the covers and clambering into bed the best he could with another person on him.

Pulling off his jacket, Russia tried to get comfortable, but it was hard with America clinging to him. They were close enough that Russia could feel the occasional sob that wracked America's body - he was so tiny - although those were coming less and less.

I'm going to need to clean this shirt tomorrow, Russia thought before drifting off to sleep.

oof that was so cringy im so sorry you had to read that 

04/02/19