13 (one of my favorite numbers!!)

beep boop here's the next chapter you ordered

It was 12:36 when America finally snuck back into the dorm room. Russia knew because he was still awake. He had, as usual, made the excellent decision to drink half a bottle of hard liquor before deciding to go to bed and was now paying for his actions.

Still, as he had lain in bed and watched the minutes tick by, the Russian had wondered where his roommate was. He had assumed America was sleeping in someone else's room, but it looked like he was wrong.

Russia listened to America clumsily stumble around, softly swearing. He had probably gone drinking. Again.

Not like I can judge, though.

After a few more seconds of clambering around, it sounded like America had finally managed to crawl into bed. There was a click sound as he set his sunglasses on the nightstand. The room fell back into silence.

Russia decided to break it. "You shouldn't have done that," he muttered into the darkness.

There was a shuffling sound from America's side. "Huh?"

"You shouldn't have sat with us," Russia rested his hands on his chest, looking up at where the ceiling would be. "Don't do it again."

Russia could hear America's sheets moving. "Well I just wanted to sit with you, dude. Also, is, uh, Germany okay? He looked... not that great."

"Germany is fine," Russia snarled. "Keep your nose in your own damn business from now on, alright?"

America was quiet for a few seconds. Russia wondered if he had fallen asleep. "I just want to be friends," he said, his normally abrasive voice now soft and quiet.

Russia snorted. As if that would ever work. "You keep to your friends, and I'll keep to mine."

"Hmm," America hmmed thoughtfully, sounding playful. "I'll consider it."

With a scoff, Russia rolled over in his bed, away from America. He didn't like talking across the room. It felt too loud.

They lapsed into silence - or it would've been silence if America hadn't kept moving around, throwing his blankets off, rearranging his pillows, and sighing loudly in obvious discomfort.

Russia did his best to block out all the noise. He couldn't.

Set on disrupting Russia's attempts to sleep, America started talking again, this time in a very loud whisper. "CAN I TELL YOU A SECRET?"

Russia wondered how much he had had to drink. "What."

America thought for a moment. "I LIKE YOUR BED BETTER THAN MINE. IT'S COMFY."

Russia rolled his eyes at the other's stupidity. "We have the exact same mattress, you idiot. And can you stop whispering so loud? Or, better yet, just stop talking altogether."

"Why?" America whined. Russia didn't bother answering. "Russssssss."

"Goodnight."

"But Rus- "

"Night," Russia repeated.

America huffed a sigh, flopping over in his bed. "FINE. GOODNIGHT."

Russia mimicked the action, turning over to face the wall. Rooming with this capitalist is such a hassle.

sorry, this was short. the next few are probably going to be short too, but hey, that means more chapters, right?

04/21/19