1 8

i finally got my hands on a computer >:D

America dropped his lunch tray onto the table and yawned widely.

"Didn't get much sleep last night?" Italy asked sympathetically.

"No, I actually slept great." America sat down, yawning again. He would make Italian fingers at her just to bother her, but he didn't really feel like it. "I just wish I could sleep all day too."

She nodded in agreement before twisting her fork into some spaghetti. "I guess the Russian is a quiet roommate. You're lucky you don't have Greece like I do."

America laughed. He hadn't actually seen Russia since yesterday, although he heard him leave early that morning. A lot of yesterday had been a blur - again. I really need to stop drinking so much.

America could vaguely remember Japan offering him drinks in the early afternoon, which was pretty nice of her. Then they had sat and talked about... stuff. America had wanted to talk about anime but Japan kept directing the conversation to weird topics that required thinking, like 'Tell me about your military,' 'Does it affect your economy when you're drunk?' and 'What do you think of Russia?'

Then Russia had shown up! He shouted at Japan for something (America wasn't sure what) and then took America back to their dorms. America mentally berated himself. Getting drunk again and forcing Russia to take care of you - nice going, numbskull.

But... Russia had said he found the stuff in his wallet. From Georgia. America remembered that much. Why didn't she tell me? Maybe she found it after I asked?

"Hey!" Panama patted America's shoulder twice before sitting next to him, ripping America out of his thoughts. "I can't believe you're okay!"

America looked at him with a mouthful of sandwich. "Mmph?"

England sat down on the other side of America. "Yeah, everyone thought Russia killed you yesterday! You weren't answering your phone!"

America swallowed. "That's because I was drunk and passed out. But what do you mean everyone thought he killed me?"

"Monaco saw Russia dragging you into the dorms the other day, and Russia looked really pissed. Then when you didn't answer your phone... we all just assumed you were dead," Panama explained.

"Well, you could've asked Canada," America laughed, finding the situation hilarious. "He knew I was okay."

"He wasn't answering his phone either," England said.

"Probably making out with his roommate," Italy muttered.

America snorted while drinking, nearly choking himself.

"Ame, you're okay!"

"Oh, I didn't know you were still alive."

"I KNEW the rumors weren't true!"

America laughed, assuring all the countries that had just sat down that he was indeed okay and not-dead. "I'm fine, I'm fine! Russia wouldn't kill me."

A few countries exchanged dubious glances.

"Hey, what's with those looks??" America demanded, pretending to be shocked. "Russie loves me!"

England snickered, making America pout. "Sure he does. That's why he tried to kill you in high school, right?"

"That's in the past," America dismissed moodily, taking another bite of his sandwich. "It doesn't matter."

England rolled her eyes as their lunch table dissolved into its normal conversation topics. America looked around, feeling like they were missing people.

He noticed Poland standing with his lunchtray, and waved. Poland noticed him, waving back before turning and sitting at a different lunch table with a few people. He's not sitting with us today?

America eyed the table's occupants. There was Poland, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Austria, Armenia, a few others, and...

Georgia! I need to talk to her!

"I need to do something," America excused, standing up and leaving his tray. No one took much notice of his absence as he left and started walking across the lunchroom. "Georgia!" America called. Her eyes snapped to him, her expression instantly turning into one of surprise and worry. She looked like she was going to get up. "Don't move."

She didn't.

America skirted around a crowded table with a lot of african countries before arriving at Georgia's table. The sitting countries eyed him warily, and Georgia frowned. America crossed his arms.

"Look, we need to talk."

y'all: when do we get to see the Gay

me, planning 20 more chapters of filler: uhhhhh

(also thanks for the 200+??? i really dont deserve it)

08/13/19