hell ye number 12

guys this story is #1 in tags for vodka rn

*glug glug*

"And then he took 15% off!" Germany ranted, stabbing his plate with a fork.

"Wow," said Russia unenthusiastically. For dinner, it was just him and Germany sitting at a table again, which was totally fine by Russia. He hoped France would make a habit of not sitting with them. "But did you ever consider... not turning your assignment in late?"

Germany gave Russia a look. "Ha ha."

Russia smirked, taking a sip out of his glass. Surprisingly, the only liquid in there was Sprite. "Well- "

"Rus!!"

Russia felt his neutral expression drop into one of vague disgust.

A lunchtray slammed down next to him, which was quickly followed by America jumping into the seat and grinning at Russia and Germany. "Hi guys!"

"Oh, hey!" Germany greeted. Russia made a noncommittal sound.

"I was tired of Russia not wanting to sit with me, so I decided to sit with him!" America informed Germany, who nodded in response. Russia stiffened.

"Wait - so that means-"

"AMERICA!"

"AMES!!"

"Dude, you switched tables on us!!"

Within three minutes, Russia's quiet table was entirely filled with random countries, each talking loudly over each other. A few gave America high fives. He's so popular, it's embarrassing! Some countries even stood around the table, not finding anywhere to sit.

Someone squished in next to Russia, and he looked at them.

The country apologized. "Sorry, for squishing you, I-" The country, one with a flag he'd never seen, gave Russia's colors a judging look before scooting away. "Oh."

Russia rolled his eyes. Yeah, 'oh' go fuck yourself. He looked across the table at Germany, who was squished between Japan and Czech. He seemed really uncomfortable, but was forcing himself to smile and talk with Japan.

God dammit Meri.

Someone threw their arm around Russia's shoulder, making him tense up in surprise. It was America, of course. "Hey Rus, thoughts on pineapple on pizza?" Apparently, Russia hadn't been paying attention to the discussion well enough. Several other countries looked at him expectantly, awaiting an answer. Someone laughed in Russia's ear. He felt trapped.

"Um, I - "

"Ugh, America," Georgia huffed, not even looking directly at Russia. "I don't know why you think his opinion matters, but - "

Russia's chest felt tight. Every breath took tremendous effort. If I had just drank more vodka, I wouldn't be feeling like this -

"Of course his opinion matters, this is an important discussion," America argued against Georgia, who didn't look convinced.

Quickly swallowing his tense feelings, Russia muttered something vague and shrugged America's arm off, looking up at Germany again. He seemed to suffering something similar to what Russia was experiencing. It wasn't obvious, but Russia saw how his friend took shallow breaths and avoided eye contact, stumbling over his words.

It's nothing, he dismissed.

"HORS DU CHEMIN!" a loud voice called. A familiar baret was pushing through countries, finally reaching Germany and grabbing his arm. It was France. He pulled Germany out of his seat. "Come on mon ami."

The two left quickly, and other countries just filled Germany's spot at the table. Russia found himself alone. Oh god.

"I-I gotta go help Germ," Russia stuttered, excusing himself from the table and shoving his way past several countries. He got several dirty looks, but he just followed France and Germany out of the lunch area, and into an empty hallway.

"Are you alright, mon cheri?" France questioned, a hand on Germany's back. Russia felt like he was intruding.

Germany took a few seconds to breath before nodding and straightening. "I'm fine!!" he protested. "I wasn't having a panic attack, I promise!"

France's brow creased with concern. "Germany, I saw you. You were struggling to breathe, and - "

"Germany's fine," Russia interrupted France, a little put off by how much the french country was mothering Germany. "He probably just felt crowded, that's all."

"Y-yeah," Germany agreed.

Like a french lie detector, France shook his head at Germany, but not before shooting a Russia a withering look. "Do you want to go back in? We can just go back to the dorm if you want, it's up to you."

Germany looked lost, but relieved. "I - "

Russia crossed his arms. Germany followed the movement with his eyes, suddenly stumbling over his words.

"I- I'm fine, really."

France didn't believe him. "Are you sure?"

Why can't he just leave it be? Russia groaned internally. "He said he's fine!"

France had the audacity to ignore him. "Come on mon ami, let's just go walk around a bit until you're sure you've calmed down."

Germany nodded slowly.

Russia really didn't like this anymore, but he also didn't want to overstep his boundaries. If Germany wants to be weak, that's fine. I shouldn't have followed them out in the first place. I should just leave.

So Russia did just that, and left for the dorms. He could go for some vodka.

*back in the lunchroom*

Georgia reached over to where Russia had been sitting, and picked up a black rectangle he had left on his lunch tray. "Guys, the commie left his wallet! You know what that means!"

"DRINKS!" someone shouted excitedly as Georgia pulled the wallet open and started dumping everything out. There wasn't much, but the amount of crumpled bills made everyone's eyes light up.

America laughed nervously. "Um, Georgia, I don't think - "

She rolled her eyes. "Calm down Ames, I'll leave his ID and stuff. You can just say you found it on the ground or something and give it back."

"I guess..."

"LET'S GO!" Georgia cried, standing up and leading the group out of the lunchroom. England whooped.

is this story even going anywhere?

goodquestion

04/14/19