Chapter 64

I headed into the ER with Riley by my side, looking around anxiously for Sue. She was standing in the hallway, leaning against the wall with tears rushing down her cheeks.

"Sue," I said softly, my voice breaking.

"Did you call the others?" She asked.

"Leah answered said the three of them are on their way," I said. I hugged her tightly, Riley standing behind us awkwardly.

"Sue, Allie," the ER doctor, Dr. Hathaway, said, gaining our attention instantly. He took over for Dr. Cullen when he left. Dr. Hathaway is a shorter man with dark hair and eyes. He's incredibly kind and compassionate and one of the best doctor's the small town of Forks has ever seen.

"We've stabilized Charlie, but we do not have the means to care for him here. We have to transport him to Seattle," Dr. Hathaway said.

"So it's worse than we thought," I said lowly.

"He's stable right now. It is in his best interest to be transported," Dr. Hathaway said.

"Yes, of course," Sue said.

"I'll take you in the cruiser if you like," Riley offered.

"You need to get back to work. We'll keep you updated. I'm sure my daughter will be here soon," Sue said softly as she rubbed my upper back to comfort me.

"Thank you ma'am," Riley said. "Allie, if you need anything at all, you know where to find me."

I hugged him quickly as I thanked him. Riley had quickly become like an older brother to me after he started working at the station. He was young and alone in the town he grew up in. He'd just lost both his parents, so my father more or less adopted him. Since then he's found a wife and they're expecting a daughter.

He left, almost being run over by Jake as he ran in. Jake ran right over to me, pulling me into his chest tightly.

"Are you okay?" He asked, holding me gently.

"Yeah, worried, but okay," I said.

"What's going on?" Seth asked.

"We have to go into Seattle. Charlie's stable but in need of more medical attention then they can afford him here," Sue explained. "Seattle is quite the haul, so we're going to go pack some bags. He'll be rushed into surgery long before we get there. He's probably gonna be in the hospital a while."

"Wanna take a couple of cars?" Jake suggested. "In case we need to get back for something."

"We probably should," Sue said. "Let's get home and packed and figure it out from there."

We all agreed and headed off to pile into the cars and head home. We rushed around packing as quickly as possible. Once we were packed, it was decided that Leah and Jake were probably the best bets on driving.

Leah and Sue got into Sue's car and the rest of us got into mine. Jake led the almost four hour long drive into the city.

"Babe, calm down and breath," Jake said lowly as he placed his hand on my knee.

I placed my hand on top of his and smiled softly at him. "I'm breathing, but I can't calm down."

"I know babe," Jake said. The rest of the ride was silent as I prayed for my father to be okay. I need him in my life more than anything.

As the hospital cane into view, my stomach dropped. I knew it was stress, but I felt physically sick because of it.