BAU POV.

The love in our family grows strong and deep, leaving special moments to treasure and keep.

Papers fell from the hands of Spencer as he realised the fact of no major cases occuring for a long while so he expected one. Knowing that it was bound to start in a few days. If not in the hours of that day and it was bound to be a bad one. Just because that was what always happened.

"We have a case. Wheels up in thirty and we are off to Chicago." Hotch announced as he walked through the room and into the lift. Expecting the team to be following in their own time. And they did but they had to pick up their things and get to the cars that would be needed.

By the time they were in the jet the team were all ready to hear about the case and when the tablets all pinged and Spencer handed his folder they knew that it was time to hear it. Garcia came through into the seating area and began to speak to them all.

"All right my fighting fit heroes. We have a bad one and I mean bad. Four families, all dead. All of them have a British father and American mother. Two or in the latest one, three kids. They have at least one of each gender and the girl is sexually assaulted and then killed. The police believe that she is forced to have this happen whilst her family watch. Then they die. It is believed that the girl is kept alive whilst this happens." They read over and looked at all of the pictures that the police department had provided to help them and noses flared in disgust and lips curled to sneer slightly at what they saw.

"He wants them all to be hurt. Physically and also in an emotional way. Forced to watch as their family is killed. The witness here says that they are average in height and a male. Possibly white but they couldn't tell for sure. Though they seem to hurt the girl out of them all, the most. Perhaps she is a stand in." Hotch was reading the scene and trying to figure out some of the reasons behind what was happening but not a single one of them could be sure.

"The most aggression is shown to the man whilst the most personal killing is the girl. Strangulation takes a lot. Perhaps he is annoyed at him as well. I mean, they all have it bad but the son seems to just be part of his spec. Like the boy isn't to blame but he has to die as well. Just as the others did." They looked some more and took in the information.

"When was the first killing?" Derek asked as she had scrolled through the words and seen all of the fresh images. Sick filling his stomach and throat as he had to view them all. Just in case.

"Five weeks ago almost. It is believed that tonight is the next night. Provided his plan hasn't changed or he hasn't done it already." JJ answered and she also scrolled through all of the words and images. Views of the surrounding area showed that the grass had been muddied around one of the houses. Probably from the free playing that the children had carried out.

"He changed last time though. Three kids, two girls and a boy. It was a lot less organised though and the girls were identical. Perhaps he thought that there was only two kids and not three. He made a massive mistake. That could have triggered him to act out or act sooner than expected. Move on even. The houses are already spread out as they are." Spencer added and flicked through to the next page. Scanning and absorbing it in just as he always did. Trying to spot all of the case specific details that could lead them to win and save more lives.

Their eyes had become trained on the paper and the flight seemed shorter than expected but when they had landed cars were climbed into and they got into the swing of the case. Driving to the police station that had been placed into the GPS just for them. A simple time saving tip as they knew that they would get where they needed quicker and definitely.

The station was full and it seemed to be bursting at the seams as people walked around. Witnesses and officers. All with their own sources of evidence that could help the case come to a close. Bereaved family members stood in their own rooms. Cousins and also siblings of the deceased filled the two rooms on the closest right as they cried and spoke but they seemed to have hit a silent patch as the dark had grown and the clock hit ten. The time when houses were seen to have been broken into.

Phones were ringing and the head of the department had appeared to be busy but when he saw that the FBI agents had shown up he stopped and welcomed them warmly. Desperation running through his strained voice as he hoped to end it all. The city was in an uproar as they feared what was occuring and so the BAU was all he could rely on.

"Hello. I am Steve Josephs. Welcome to Chicago and we hope you enjoy your stay. We have set aside a room for you. Just up here, it has a board, pens and a table. The latest technology that we have as well and I hope it is enough." The man had a reputation for being a hard arse but clearly the case had done some serious damage to him.

"Thanks. Agent Hotchner but I go by Hotch. If you don't mind, we would just like to get straight into it and solve this case as quickly as possible." The man was a short blonde with silver creeping in and with a nod the silver was lost. Blonde flying over and over as he directed them up to the room. Boxes on the oversized desk and work already on the board with addresses.

"It's late but we are expecting the case to unravelle tonight so we will work through the night. Hope to catch him in the act." Steve agreed and let them get to working. No distractions or arguments from any of them. Hopes of being able to help though left Steve with the desire to remain in the room but he chose not to. Thinking it best to leave them to what they did best and get into the zone.

Hours later, the office had quietened down to slow moves as people had returned to their families and to sleep when Steve walked in suddenly. The glass door swinging open. He was out of breath and also a tinge had taken to his face.

"We have had a call and one of the victims have survived and called it in about ten minutes ago and the similarities are there. She also saw our guy."