Ania POV.

The most painful goodbyes are those which were never said and never explained.

After two clearly failed attempts of getting me to talk a woman walked right up to the door. Clicking down the handle and she began to speak. Not even letting the man before me leave. He seemed to be a funny man but caring. A little like my father but no-one was really like my father.

"Ania. I was wondering if you would be willing to do a press conference. Show your face, he may contact you and we can catch him." She spoke so quickly and directly that I was sure she already knew the answer and didn't wish to waste the hot air that left her mouth. But that was when it all changed. One single hand changed it all.

I jumped slightly but the hand stayed there and as I looked up from my hand for the first time since my legs moved into the room, I saw a kind smile greet me as the strange man gripped onto me and told me it would all be okay. Like he knew what I had been needing all along.

Then I nodded. Making and maintaining eye contact for the entire time as I watched what he would do as I responded as was desired but not thought to actually happen. And he reacted well. A smile and an awkward glance to our hands. Something on his busy brain.

"A lot of germs on hands." I commented and he was quick to nod. Both of us pulling away at the same time. My hands shaking slightly as I realised what I had said. Not wanting to actually go through with it at all. Hoping to run away and never see what was going to happen.

After my moment of stupidity I sighed and placed all digits over my face. Trying to wipe the thoughts of what had happened from my mind and also trying to clear it all. Not just all of the bad stuff, though that was what lingered the most. With every good or old memory brought sorrow and that was what had me so transfixed on forgetting it all.

When my eyes wandered up, a pair of men had then found their way into my view and I sneered. It was a sort of natural response and that seemed to have had an effect on them as they looked away from me and faced the others in the room. Talking about what arrangements would be made.

"Miss Aman. We need to discuss somewhere for you to stay. Now, we know you have... You can't just shake your head at me because we need to do this to stop you from acting as you did today and to stop him as he will learn of your survival. If he doesn't already." Agent Hotchner was a piece of work that really got on my goat.

It took a lot to annoy me and in truth it wasn't him that annoyed me. It was what I saw when I looked into his eyes. A broken me and a broken home with no family or anyone for that matter.
"I want to go home." My eyes watering as I spoke to the woman at my side. Black hair in my view but it was blurred by my hair and also the tears that took up permanent residence in my eyes as the time ticked on.

"You know, I believe that there are some lovely and quaint places not far from here. I will take you there myself." I nodded and smiled briefly, to tell her that she was clear to go and organise that and she did so. Only, as she stood my phone rang. A familiar name took to the screen and eyes all darted to it. Though I answered quickly and they had no clue who it was.

"Hey gorgeous. What are you up to? I am just calling to tell you that we have landed and have arrived in our new accommodation. Thinking of you though." In a second I wished for their flight to have been in a mess so delayed. Just to feel his arms again.

"That's great. How are Katy and Tilly? All right?" The room around me seemed to be clearing slightly but a few of them remained and spoke amongst their own party as they discussed something or another. Not that I had much of a brain to comprehend what they were speaking of.

That was when a man brought me back to the phone.
"Hey. You seem off. What happened? Did you get in a fight with your family? That never happens. Not to you princess. Oh, the police phoned and said you got hurt." Hearing the nickname I broke down and sobbed uncontrollably and bent down. Hands at my chest as his distant voice carried through to my ears but it was so far away that he wasn't heard. The muffled voice was made worse as I pressed my phone to my chest.

After a few people tried to help me I brought it back together and wiped my eyes. Bringing the device up to my cheek and taking a deep breath before finally I told him what had happened,
"Andy. Their gone. Forever." As this was said he fell to a quiet and somber thought. His whispers were not missed and I tried but they were far too quiet for me to hear.

"Sorry. How? I just can't figure out what you mean and the girls can't figure it out either. You were the one that got hurt. No?" After he spoke I bitterly recalled how the house looked and how my body felt. The numb feeling fading as it always had done.

"Andy. I'm scared. Dad is dead, mum and oh gosh, help Matthew." Finally I had told him and he was in a silent haze for a while. Like my words escaped his comprehension until he whispered to the girls and then he began to blabber about how he would be in my heart and I in his. Crap to make me feel like the senseless hours I had spent with him had value to the both of us. Finally though the phone was hung up and I curled up in the seat. Face to knees and then the river flowed.

"Ania. Can you come with me? The house is ready for you and you will always have one of us with you at all times." I nodded and stood. Shaking as the guilt of survival and the memory of the past washed all over me.

The office was a sombre one. Filled with as much laughter as a funeral held. Not that any of them had noticed as it seemed to fit with the mood of the night.