Broken | 27

"Grayson?" I held my phone to my ear, seeing that I'd finally convinced Aunt Tammy to give me my phone back and let me call him.

"Hunter?" He asked, seeming surprised that I'd called him.

"Yeah, can we talk?" I sighed, pacing back and forth in my room. It had taken me a while to grow a pair and work up the courage to call him, and now that I was on the phone with him, I was as nervous as ever.

"Uh, yeah. Do you wanna meet up or..?"

"Yeah, can we meet at the café where you work?" I asked, scratching the back of my head.

"Alright, I'll text you when I get there," he said, then the line went dead.

I tossed my phone onto my bed, letting out a shaky breath. For whatever reason, I was incredibly nervous. I guess it was because I hadn't exactly talked to him, aside from when I came unglued on him.

But now that I'd talked to my therapist, I was about 99% sure that I wouldn't go off on him again.

It was still a bit early, like 10:30 in the morning. I figured since we were going to a café that we could order something for a late breakfast and then talk about everything.

But it wasn't eating breakfast that I was nervous about, it was talking to Grayson.

I shook off the feeling, grabbing some clean clothes and a towel, then heading into the bathroom to take a shower. I warmed the water up and ran a hand through my hair, glancing into the mirror.

I looked tired, most likely from lack of sleep. After therapy yesterday I came straight home, hanging out in my room for the rest of the night and skipping dinner. I went to bed after I got tired of watching Netflix, but I couldn't fall asleep.

I ended up staying awake for most of the night, too anxious to sleep.

I let out a sigh and turned away from the mirror, stepping into the shower. Once I was completely clean I grabbed my towel, drying my hair a bit before wrapping it around my waist.

I grabbed my clothes and took them back into my room, tossing them on my bed. I let the towel around my waist drop to the floor, then began changing into the clean clothes. Once I was completely changed I went back into the bathroom, brushing out my hair.

Once I'd looked at least half decent, I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. I told Aunt Tammy where I was going and opened the front door, leaving the house and heading over to my car.

I slid into the driver's seat and felt my phone buzz in my hand, seeing Grayson's contact pop up with 'I'm here' written under it in small text. I quickly replied and then set my phone aside, starting the car and pulling out of the driveway.

I drove on down to the café, pulling into the parking lot. I took a deep breath, then grabbed my phone and got out of my car, heading inside the café. I spotted Grayson seated in one of the booths. I walked over to where he was, sitting down across from him.

"Hey."

Grayson looked up and made eye contact with me. Not gonna lie, I'd kinda forgot how attractive he was.

"Hey," he replied, moving his hair out of his eyes. We sat there for a moment, neither of us really knowing what to say.

I debated on whether or not I should've started off with an apology or what, but after a moment I decided that I should start it off simple.

"I'm sorry," I sighed, tapping my index finger against the table.

"Me too."

"What're you sorry for?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him in confusion.

"For not realizing your feelings..." he sighed, his eyes fixed on the ground. I let out a sigh as well.

"Don't be sorry, this was all my fault. I should've just told you how I felt but instead, I was being an idiot and just thought that you would know that I liked you and-"

"No, I had feelings for you, too. I just didn't have the balls to tell you. I thought you and Dylan had a thing together, and then we ended up together at the party and shit just went downhill from there. In all honesty, Dylan and I dated in the past. Last summer, Dylan and I got together. He would come over during the summer, the two of us starting out as friends. We were pretty close, and after a while, we became a couple. But we kept it quiet since I wasn't outed yet. Well, during the summer, I found something. While Dylan was over at my house one day, he left his phone when he came over. He went back to his house earlier that day but I guess he didn't realize that he'd left his phone. Well, there was someone blowing up his phone, some chick on his phone. Her contact was 'bae' with some random ass emojis, so I ended up logging onto his phone to see who it was since I knew his passcode. We hadn't been dating for long, just a little over a month, so the trust wasn't exactly there yet. And since I was curious about who this girl was, I checked his messages. There I saw that he'd been sexting with her and sent her nudes and shit, so not long after I confronted him about it and we broke up. Then once I'd figured out that he was moving here this year, I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about it..."

I nodded my head along with what Grayson was saying.

"Dylan told me that y'all dated but he didn't tell me about you catching him cheating. But I did kind of think that he might've been lying, I don't know, he just gave off one of those vibes," I said. "Also, are we gonna order anything?"

"Yeah, I kinda forgot about that," he chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

I smiled slightly, then we both stood up and ordered some drinks. Once we'd had our drinks we sat back down and continued talking, the two of us explaining our point of views on the situation and everything that happened in the past month.

Once we'd cleared the air on everything and finished our drinks, we sat there in silence for a moment.

"So are we cool?" Grayson asked, glancing up at me.

"Yeah," I nodded my head, smiling slightly. "We're cool."

———————————

Wooh, this chapter is incredibly late! I apologize for that, I got pretty lazy with updates so yeah, hope this was at least half decent! Thanks for reading, and make sure to vote and comment ❤️