$ E I G H T E E N $

Honesty
~
February 17th, 2019
Beverly Hills, California
Seventh Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

1:08 pm.

       I shakily dialed my mother's number. I needed to call her immediately and figure out a way to hide the fact I'm pregnant from the world. I wasn't ready to let anyone know. How was I supposed to tell the father?

Before I clicked to call, another call interjected. Aleksander's name was across my screen. My heart pounded before I accepted. I shouldn't let the call went straight to voicemail, but I wasn't sure if I should ignore him since his brother was the father of the baby.

"Hey, Vera!" I heard Alek's voice chime through my ears.

I smiled. "Hey, loser." I teasingly say back.

"Ouch. I'm hurt. I think I heard my heart shatter. Did you hear that?"

I roll my eyes playfully. "Yeah, yeah."

"How is Your Majesty?" He asks dramatically.

I giggled. "She's fine until someone she's been avoiding had called." I heard a dramatic gasp. "You've been trying to ignore me? You bully me too much and I am just a child."

"You do remember how we met, child?"

I heard him clear his throat. "Listen, that was the old Aleksander. I am new and improved." He announced proudly.

"How so?" I had a grin playing across my face.

"I flirt with girls my age now. Older women are old news." I chuckled.

"How come you called me randomly?" I asked.

"Just wanted to know what's up and I'm bored too. I'm going to apply for my license in a few days. Can't wait to drive alone." I heard him mutter the last part. I laughed. "Congrats."

"Thanks. What's up with you? How's the kid?"

"The kid is about one year younger than you, child. He's doing great, by the way. We're just trying to figure out which school is best for him to go to."

"Which schools are you deciding?"

I sighed. "Not sure about here in Los Angeles, but there are some few options in New York since I'm moving back there in a few weeks," I said.

"Oh! He should come to attend my school! My friends are boring and he should be around people he's familiar with."

His statement caused me to be confused. "But he doesn't know you?" I state in a questioning tone.

"I know you, which means I'll be closer to him. I'm not a bad guy nor do I do drugs. I'm not in the bad crowd. If I was, I would get a beating from parents then my brother which is not what I want."

I raise my eyebrows as I smirked. "Says the one who was drinking underage at my party."

I heard him curse to himself. "Like I said, new and improved Alek."