Chapter 3

"Tony it's been a week." Steve stressed as he looked at the Stark tablet. "I'm loosing hope."

"I know Steve." Tony sighed kissing his husbands head. "I know."

"No luck at finding any kid at all?" Bruce asked walking into the kitchen.

"Nope." They both sighed. Steve stood up and rubbed his eyes; sleep taking over him. "I'm heading to bed."

"Okay goodnight honey love you." Tony said kissing his husband. He watched as Steve headed out and sighed before grabbing his coffee cup. "I'm off to the lab Bruce. Turn off the lights for the night please."

"Sure thing Tony. Don't stay up too late." Bruce smiled as he watched Tony walk off.

Tony headed downstairs to his lab to release the stress of not being able to find the one. He felt tired and upset knowing that Steve was becoming sadder. Next thing Tony knew the clock struck 2:00am and a knock was heard by the window.

"Friday who's there?"

"It appears to be Spider-Man Sir." The AI responded as Tony made his way towards the window. He carefully opened it and in came Spider-Man staggering towards Tony.

"Mr. Stark." Peters voice cracked as he fell into his arms, Tony turning into a dad mode. He sobbed into his arms.

"Hey hey it's okay. What's wrong Peter?" Tony asked taking off his mask immediately. His heart instantly shattered as he stared at Peters blood red puffy eyes. Tears kept falling as he hugged Tony tightly.

"I-I- It's May Mr. Stark!" Peter cried harder. Tony pulled him into a hug as he began to curl up into a ball tears continuing to fall down his face.

"What? What happened with May?" Tony asked hugging him tighter.

Peter looked up at him pain piercing his face. "I came home today after p-patrol. And s-she a robber broke in. He ssshot her! She's dead!" Peter cried. "I didn't have anyone else to go to I'm so sorry..."

"Oh god Kid. I'm so sorry." Tony sighed hugging him once again. He slowly stood up and pulled Peter upwards. "Come here."

Tony carefully walked with him out the lab and into the elevator, heading upstairs to the bedrooms. He quickly led him into his bedroom where Peter would spend his days when working in the lab with him.

"Change okay get into comfier clothes." Tony whispered as he gently closed the door. Too much was happening at once but the main important thing was Peter.

Soon enough the door opened as the broken boy stared at Tony tear stains on his face and his eyes swollen. The sight broke Tony's heart he just wanted to hold the boy in a bubble where no hate can enter.

"Come on you should sleep." Tony told the young 16 year old. Peter looked at his bed then back at Tony fear in his eyes.

"I'm scared Mr. Stark." Peter mumbled. "I- I cant it's too dark-"

"How about you sleep in my bed tonight?" Tony suggested. "Come on."

"It's fine Mr. Stark you don't have to-"

"Come on Peter it's okay." Tony replied, love in his voice. Peter nodded his head and Tony gently wrapped his arm around his shoulder. The two made their way towards Tony's bed room where Steve lay, fast asleep.

"Tony?" Steve mumbled as he turned on the lights. "Oh hello Peter."

Peter gave a small awkward wave and looked at Tony.

"Steve, Peters aunt passed away today. He is scared, how about he sleeps here tonight?" Tony asked his husband. Steve smiled and nodded his head. Tony led Peter towards the huge bed and all three fell onto the comfy mattress.

Peter couldn't help but let the tears fall as he desperately tried to sleep. Tony reassuringly brought his arms around Peter as he cried into his shirt. Soon enough the young boy knocked out and it was now Tony and Steve awake in the bed.

"I'm worried Steve." Tony sighed as he gently played with Peters curly brown hair. "He has lost so much and he loved his Aunt so much."

"I know Tony... this sucks for Peter. He can stay here for a while..."

"What if it's him?" Tony asked his husband turning around to look at his ocean blue eyes. "Steve. Peter is the perfect kid. Smart, giddy, a super-hero, and old enough. I'm just saying maybe we can adopt Peter, he doesn't have any other living relatives."

Steve smiled and held his husbands hand giving it a small squeeze. "I love that idea. But it's all up to Peter. Now get some rest Tony, it's been a long day."

Tony smiled and nodded his head before turning his back and continuing to massage Peters hair. His eyes slowly fell as Steve hugged him, and all three were asleep. Tony and Steve feeling hopeful with this new idea.

Stony: When Life Gives You Kidsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें