Merlin x Reader: Of Reluctant Wizards and Interrupting Kings

"Merlin," You giggled as you tried to sit up. "I really have to go to work now."

He hummed against your shoulder. "Do you really?"

"Yes!" You shrieked as he tugged you back into bed. He locked his arms around you as you tried in vain to squirm out of his grip. He blew raspberries against your skin and you dissolved into a laughing mess. He pulled you even closer and curled around you, pecking your cheek as you snuggled back. He intertwined your fingers together and held them up to see. You heard the bell toll in the citadel. You gasped. "It's already nine?!" You sat up abruptly, but you were tugged back into Merlin's arms. He pulled you on top of him and locked his legs around yours, clinging to you like a koala.

"Not yet," He mumbled against your skin. You sighed with a smile.

"We have to get up eventually." You reminded, though you were as reluctant as him.

"So?" He tipped your chin up and kissed you softly. "No one's come looking for us yet."

"MERLIN! WHERE HAVE YO—" Arthur slammed the door open and strode into the room. Merlin let go of you with one arm and pulled the blanket up to cover you both, before shoving you underneath him. The King's eyes landed on your intertwined forms, and his face turned bright red. "Oh—Oh my—I'm sorry." He muttered before bolting from the room and shutting the door behind him. You an Merlin looked at each other, before bursting into laughter. You pressed your face into his chest as you tried to muffle your snickers, and Merlin's face was buried in your hair. When you finally calmed down, you looked at him knowingly.

"Now we have to get up." He groaned and dropped his head to your neck in defeat.